Chapter 52

Holding a spoon filled with bird nest porridge, Qiang Jingyi brought it up against Lin XInglan's lips after blowing on the spoon to cool the porridge down. Lin Xinglan was busy reading a romance story written by an ancient person, and when she felt something against her lips, she obediently opened her mouth and took small sips.

"Lan, you're still sick, you need to rest and not read anymore of this type of nonsense stories." Although his words sounded stern, the eyes of Qiang Jingyi showed the opposite, he was looking at her dotingly.

Recently, Lin Xinglan had fallen sick, she had quite a high fever the first day and although, Qiang Jingyi told her that she was still sick, she was now almost completely cured.

Lin Xinglan didn't bother to move her gaze to him, "What nonsense? I need to know if that dumb girl will end up with the ruthless man who is like an ice block but cares and dotes very much on the girl or, the lunatic man who always bullies the girl whenever he sees her and can't stop thinking about her."

Qiang Jingyi helplessly sighed and after refilling the spoon with the porridge, he brought it up against her lips again, "Is it really that important to know?"

After putting the food inside her mouth, she nodded intently, "Really important."

"More important than looking in my eyes when you're talking to me?"

That made her body tense, Lin Xinglan licked her lips and smoothly turned her head to look at his dark phoenix eyes that had a hint of dejection.

"At this very crucial point of the story, yes, it is more important."

Lin Xinglan didn't notice his expression becoming darker and continued to read, after all, she was too curious to stop reading and have a proper conversation with Qiang Jingyi.

Only when she was done reading the romance story did she finally realize that Qiang Jingyi no longer fed her the porridge. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head to the side to see Qiang Jingyi silently sitting with his eyes were closed.

"Jingyi?"

Even after calling his name out a few times, there were still no response from him.

Lin Xinglan wondered what was wrong with Qiang Jingyi and after some thinking, she let out an understanding sound.

She lightly shook his shoulder and softly spoke, "Jingyi, wake up. It's no good if you sleep on a chair, it's very uncomfortable."

Twitching in a corner of his lips at Lin Xinglan's attempts on waking him up, Qiang Jingyi opened his eyes. Lin Xinglan thought he would speak after looking at her but he didn't, instead, he only stayed quiet.

Seeing his expression, she quietly said, "You're upset."

She rolled her eyes when she didn't get a response, she got up from her chair and hugged him - her hug was neither too loose or tight, it was very comfortable. Lin Xinglan faintly heard a gulping sound from Qiang Jingyi.

"I'm sorry for not paying you attention. I was so curious who the main character will end up with and ended up neglecting you."

"...."

"Can you forgive me?"

Just when she attempted to say a few more words, she felt a pair of strong arms hugging her back.

"Next time we eat, you have to feed me."

Knowing that he forgave her, Lin Xinglan smiled and agreed, "Okay!"

Qiang Jingyi was feeling very content, it wasn't very often for his Lan to initiate a hug so he enjoyed every single bit of it. Unfortunately, their moment was completely ruined when a servant outside the room shouted.