Chapter 42

"Master, we found this pouch just outside of the Imperial forest...." Shu Ya gave his master a black pouch, on it were the initials L.X sewn with white threads.

Having seen the pouch numerous times, Shu Ya and Qiang Jingyi knew it belonged to Lin Xinglan. The hidden guards searched everywhere in the capital and in no time, they had found the black pouch laying on the grass nearby the Imperial forest. Inside the pouch was filled with money so it was possible that Lin Xinglan had accidentally dropped it without noticing.

However, knowing Lin Xinglan, there was no way someone like her would easily lose her own money. Even if she did, she would instantly realize it and go back to search for it.

"Could it be that someone had...." Abducted the young miss?

Shu Ya swallowed back the words he was going to say when he saw the frosty eyes of his master.

"Wait for this lordship's orders. First, this lordship is going to take care of some business."

Shu Ya bowed before he withdrew himself, his master must had an idea what was going on and all he needed to now was to wait

Only... He shook his head dejectedly, sneaking out was fine, he knew she wanted to have some fun outside but getting abducted along the way was too much for his master to handle.

Getting out of his mind, he ordered the rest of the hidden guards to cease the searching since there was no use for it anymore as the matter was no longer simple. Shu Mo was standing beside Shu Ya, he had a frown across his face showing that he wasn't pleased over the situation.

"No matter how much I think, I do not know why Master dotes on this troublesome woman."

He wasn't as understanding as Shu Ya, he had seen how their master acted towards the girl but as how he see it, that woman wasn't being grateful. After everything their master had done for her, she was still not aware of his feelings or she only took it for granted. Whichever it was, Shu Mo didn't have a good impression of Lin Xinglan.

"Shu Mo, don't waste your breath on talking nonsense. If Master heard you, be prepared for your punishment. All we have to do is to listen and obey Master. Other than that, we shouldn't get too involved, especially towards Master's business." Shu Ya coldly stated.

Compared to the other hidden guards, Shu Ya was the one who had been by Lin Xinglan's side the most. He understood Shu Mo's feelings however, what Shu Mo didn't realize was that although the young miss could be too dense and silly, and acted like a money grubber, she was also very kind, gentle and forgiving. She never got angry seriously, no matter how much she was annoyed and despite her acts, she had never been arrogant, overbearing and willful.

From what Shu Ya could make out, Lin Xinglan was lazy, never done anything that would take too much of her energy and always stayed out of troubles and dangers. She wouldn't make troubles for his master for her own selfishness, there were only two exceptions so far; it was when she left the capital to visit her old home without telling his master and when she sneaked out of the manor and got abducted.

The first one, she probably didn't know that his master would get upset. The last one... He wasn't sure, but it was impossible for the young miss to know that she would get abducted out of nowhere.

Shu Ya knew the young miss never intended to trouble his master. She just had bad luck.

"You... Do not tell me you are on her side? Shu Ya, I thought you cared about Master. Master is better off without that troublesome girl. Look what she has done! She's making troubles everywhere she goes. Thanks to her, Master would not rest until he finds her. If she only didn't sneak out, this wouldn't have happened." Shu Mo was heated, he was disappointed in Shu Ya.