Chapter 36

Having eaten a lot of food, Lin Xinglan's stomach was bloated. She patted her stomach as she sat down under a peach blossom tree; it was located on a park where people would relax and watch the beautiful scenery full of peach blossom trees and play chess.

Qiang Rong Kai stood beside her, not planning to sit but only stand like a statue. Lin Xinglan felt awkward, she never had someone silently follow her around like a guard in her past life. She moved her gaze to the wide pond, since it was public the water wasn't clean, instead it was very dirty but it didn't affect the beautiful scenery. She fell into daze, looking as if she was deeply thinking about something, and she was.

The pond reminded her about that one time someone had pushed her down in a lake when she was just a little child. That someone was her childhood enemy, they always fought and competed over silly things and at the moment, she wondered how he was doing. Although they hated each other very much and would always be on each other's throat, it didn't change the fact they were together frequently despite their hostile relationship.

How she missed bullying him back every time she saw him, she wondered how his life was now that she was gone. Lin Xinglan sighed sadly which caught Qiang Rong Kai's attention.

"Why are you looking sad for?" His voice didn't betray his expressionless face.

"Thinking about my dear enemy..." She quietly replied as she never averted her gaze away from the pond.

Qiang Rong Kai knitted his brows, "Dear enemy? Who is it, why would you call an enemy dear?"

Hearing his questions, Lin Xinglan inwardly groaned at her stupid mistake. She predicted she would never get rid of her bad habit of always saying things she shouldn't say when she was absent minded.

"Nothing!" She noticed how she answered too quickly and she changed her tone, "I mean, it's not something important. I was just talking nonsense."

He squinted his eyes but didn't say anything, ending the conversation. Lin Xinglan continued to watch the scenery of the pond and the appealing bridge that crossed over it. Both of them didn't talk and just looked at the view in silent.

A loud voice came not far away from them, shouting: "Selling colorful homemade candied fruits in various types of design! For only 10 copper each! Buy more and you will get a discount! Only for today!"

Lin Xinglan's eyes brightened, she grabbed Qiang Rong Kai's wrist, and quickly walked towards the loud voice. The man that was grabbed by a small, soft hand was caught off guard, though, he didn't do anything back and let the woman before him do whatever she wanted.

Soon, he came to know that she wanted to go to a candy stall, she probably had heard the seller and planned to buy some candies. He paid attention on Lin Xinglan's movements, her happy expression was like a child getting candies by someone as a reward, he felt warm when he looked at her.

He wasn't slow-witted, he knew exactly the reason behind it, it was because he was slowly becoming fond of her. It wasn't because he liked her in the same way as Qiang Jingyi, he didn't have such feelings towards her and even if he did, that man would never let him off.

"Kai, you sure you don't want to try these delicious candies?"

Qiang Rong Kai noticed there was a tiny bit of the candied fruit she was eating on the corner of her lips. His fingers moved towards the spot, they touched her soft and smooth skin and then, he removed the tiny bit of the candied fruit.

With no emotion showing on his face as usual, he said, "I don't eat sweets."

Lin Xinglan was stupefied but she recollected her calm when she saw that he was just removing a bit of the candy that was on her face.