Chapter 30

The sounds of whisky tree branches and leaves were flowing throughout the forest, a blue clothed girl was sitting on top of a branch of a huge tree. Her legs were lazily dangling off the tree branch while her eyes were closed.

Lin Xinglan didn't went to work, instead she was in her old home. Four days ago, after the teahouse closed, she remembered she had things to do so she quickly went to the owner for the permission to take eight days off from work.

"This old one has no idea where you would go every year and waste eight days of work..." The owner commented.

When Lin Xinglan got the permission, she left her cat to the owner so he could take care of him while she was gone as usual. She left the capital very early the morning after, when many people had yet woken up.

After arriving to Zhuge Village – her old home, she looked around and as usual, there was still nothing there where the village originally was placed. It looked like a deserted place, she had guessed no one wanted to use the place where bandits had raided before.

Lin Xinglan sighed and walked to Madam Weng's house on foot. It wasn't after a few years later, after she permanently lived in the capital, that she found out Madam Weng was actually an old madam who previously owned a brothel. Madam Weng had abandoned her job when she found herself a man that she fell in love with, and the two lovers moved together to a new place, which was the house near the former Zhuge village.

No matter how many times Lin Xinglan knocked on the door, there was no answer, and she began to think something was off. Every year she visited Madam Weng, the old madam would always open the door right away. Lin Xinglan decided to open the door and when she did, she became stunned.

There was dust everywhere, most of the things that originally were in the house were no longer there, and it felt like no one had been inside for years. She couldn't find Madam Weng nearby so she walked to a place where people knew the old madam to ask where she was but when she got their answers, her body went cold and her mind was hopelessly blank.

Madam Weng had died not long after Lin Xinglan went back to the capital last year. The kind old madam who always treated her well and was always so thoughtful was already dead. But Lin Xinglan couldn't understand, the old madam looked so alive and well last time she saw her, she even cooked a lot of delicious food for her.

Now Lin Xinglan was sitting on a tree branch in the forest near her village, she wanted to rest her mind and emotion as she felt the cold and nice wind, and the scent of nature. Lin Xinglan was feeling so stifled in her chest, she couldn't breathe properly as if something was blocking her lungs. She wanted to let it out, she didn't want to feel so uncomfortable but the tears wouldn't come out of her eyes.

The only thing she kept imagine was the old madam's face – she was laughing and her smile was so warm. She could still hear her laugh and that only made Lin Xinglan feel worse.

Ever since she came to this world, after her first cry, Lin Xinglan couldn't actually cry anymore, it felt like something was stopping her from doing it. She didn't know whether it was her own doing or if she lost the ability to cry after she transmigrated, she was always on the edge when she wanted to cry but no tears could fall down.

When Lin Xinglan was on her way to her old home from the capital, there was a very unhappy person, that handsome looking male was so cold, his subordinates felt like they were suffocating from the lack of courage to breathe.

"Find her immediately. This lordship wants to know where she is and until you find her, don't come back. This is an order."

The hidden guards wanted to cry, they didn't know why their master would abuse his power just to search after a common girl. It was only Shu Ya who understood that the girl's place was deep in his master's heart.