Chapter 45

Fu Hanyu was quiet, he didn't utter a word nor did he show Lin Xinglan any emotion in his face. With a poker face, he stared blankly at Lin Xinglan before he got up and walked towards the door.

Lin Xinglan was puzzled, whenever she would piss him off he would always fight back but now, he was acting the opposite. That really made her think twice about Fu Hanyu, wondering if he had become more mature after all the years but soon, she realized she was thinking too nicely about him.

"I feel a little hungry, I think I'll go eat now. See you tomorrow, dumb woman." He leisurely said as he slightly rubbed his stomach.

Widening her eyes at the sight of his back in front of her in disbelief, she said, "Hold on, was I right?"

"Lin Xinglan, getting too ahead of yourself isn't a smart move. Don't forget that I can kill you anytime, not even your knight in shining armor can help you."

Because his back was facing at her, she couldn't see what kind of expression he wore. His tone was so serious she couldn't deny she was scared but she nevertheless shook her head slightly.

"Alright then, don't come back. If you won't tell me your story then you can forget hearing my story."

Fu Hanyu chuckled dully, "Well, you sure won't take the bite... No matter, suit yourself."

Not waiting for her response, he walked out of the room leaving Lin Xinglan helplessly looking at the now gone figure.

"I swear to god, that guy is so annoying!" Lin Xinglan groaned frustratedly, "I am so fucking hungry...."

After her interaction with Fu Hanyu, she went to sleep while trying to ignore the loud noises coming from her empty stomach. If she had told him her story then she could had eaten so much food but she was determined to not tell him because if she did that, she knew she would regret it afterwards. That was why if she had to tell then Fu Hanyu needed to also tell her his story to make it fair, if she ignored the food part.

The next day, Fu Hanyu really kept his words and let Lin Xinglan eat to her heart's content. For a gentleman like Yu Shun to see that very sight of Lin Xinglan eating so barbaric, he almost couldn't handle it. There were so many empty plates on the table, leftovers were laying randomly here and there.

"No wonder Fu Hanyu said you're not a lady." Yu Shun scrunched his brows in disgust.

Lin Xinglan rolled her eyes and continued eating the chicken drum in her hand. She could finally fill her empty stomach so she didn't want to hold back like the other ladies when they were eating in front of a male.

Although she was a hostage, she didn't exactly had a horrible experience, they still gave her food to eat and a bed to sleep. There was one thing that made her angry and that was having Fu Hanyu disturb her whenever he was bored. He didn't physically tortured her but it was more mentally.

However, that luxury for a hostage didn't last. It was time for Lin Xinglan to be tied up and kneel down on the ground right outside of the main hall. With a black whip in his hand, Fu Hanyu smirked at the cold man that stood in front of the gates. The cold man dressed in black and golden robe together with an opera mask hanging on his waist had an expressionless face.

You could see the dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, his appearance was messy compared to his usual clean image, as if he didn't have time to look presentable before going out. Behind him stood men with armors, their backs were straight and they had their heads up showing no fear.

"I got to admit... It's not quite nice seeing you again, Qiang Jingyi." Contrary to his words, Fu Hanyu still wore an amusing smile.

Qiang Jingyi spitted out, "Fu Hanyu... This lordship should had finished you back then."