Chapter 33

Lin Xinglan covered her mouth with her small hands, she scolded herself for developing a habit to call the fourth prince Jingyi whenever she was going to mention him.

"It's punishable to call someone from the Imperial family by their birth names. Who do you think you are to call the fourth prince by his birth name? What right do you have?" His sudden harsh tone startled her.

Lin Xinglan was stumped on what to do, she knew what the male said was the truth but Qiang Jingyi left her no choice but to call him by his birth name. His next words sent her alarmed.

"Shall I do the favor for the fourth prince to punish you in his stead?"

"Hold on a minute, big brother! I assure you doing that won't make the prince happy at all!" She objected his thought, gesturing her arms in a cross form before him.

The flute male sternly stared at her, not showing a hint of emotion.

"Why?" He asked.

Lin Xinglan cleared her throat, "Because I'm his friend."

She was unaware that there was a hint of proudness in her tone.

She thought by saying that, it would make the male stop wanting to sentence her by death but clearly she underestimated him too much.

"Do you think I am a fool? That prince has never been close with anyone, especially women."

The male was making her feel agitated, she swore that he had trust issues. Lin Xinglan kept thinking of a plan when she saw him walking closer to her.

Think, Xinglan, think! If he was the devil and I was his prey, what could I do.... THAT'S IT!

"How about I make a deal with you!" She proposed, successfully stopping his track.

"A deal? Are you in a position to make a deal with me?" The flute male jeered.

He disdained delusional women who think they were special and claiming they were friends with a member from the Imperial family. This one before him wasn't bright as she used the aloof fourth prince of all the Imperials there were.

Lin Xinglan pursed her lips and ignored his words, "I'll flip a coin up in the air and then catch it with one of my hands. If you guess right on which hand the coin landed in, you can do whatever you want with me but if you guess wrong, you will be... My faithful slave for a year!"

The flute male was taken aback by her confident and brazen act, he had never seen someone act like that towards him. However, he didn't show it on his facial expression.

Lin Xinglan was actually nervous, she didn't know if it would work or not.

Maybe, maybe... I asked too much? Would it be better if I had said if he lost, he could spare my life instead?

"Deal or not deal, I can still do whatever I want with you. Isn't it pointless?" He said.

Hehe... I knew you would say this. Don't think this big sister wasn't prepared for it.

"What?" She teased, "Is big brother scared you will lose to a little girl like me? It's okay, I understand. Your courage is only this much." She carelessly shrugged with a mocking expression anyone would be irritated to look at.

He narrowed his eyes and said, "Alright. You should thank me for being benevolent enough to accept your pointless little deal. You'll regret this."

Lin Xinglan grinned and took out a coin, then she tossed it to him, "Carve a mark on the coin however you wish, this way, you can't falsely accuse me for cheating when you lose."