Chapter 32

Running endlessly in a pit of darkness was what she did, she panted heavily, trying to catch her breath as she continued to run. Out of blue, a rough hand grabbed her arm tightly, she did her best to escape from the unknown grasp, she was so scared and when nothing she did was a success, panic began to fuel inside her mind. The hand dragged her violently and the force was so strong she wanted to get away.

She screamed, trashed around and kept scratching the hand that was grabbing her arm but no matter how fiercely and wildly she scratched, the hand wouldn't budge, instead, she was the one who felt pain. Her mind was a real mess, she screamed on top her lungs, oh how much she wanted to free herself from the hand, to escape from the endless darkness.

"-n.."

"-an....!"

She could hear a distant voice from somewhere but she didn't know where.

"Lan.. Wake..!"

"...Lan!"

Ah, someone was calling her... But who was it? She didn't know, she was still scratching the hand, trying to get it away from her. The pain she felt began to numb, yet it didn't feel quite right.

"LAN, PLEASE WAKE UP!"

This time the voice was much clearer and loud, at the same time a big light circle appeared under her feet and just like that, she fell down.

She shut her eyes closely and screamed in surprise, when she didn't feel anything, she opened her eyes, she saw that she was no longer in the pit of darkness.

Lin Xinglan took a sharp breath as she quickly looked around, just as she took a sight of a worried Qiang Jingyi, she realized it was only a nightmare.

"Lan, you're awake!" He exclaimed with a relieved expression .

She looked at him and saw that he was on top of her, leaving a little distance between the two of them. His legs were between hers while her arms were pinned down by his hands beside each side of her head.

Lin Xinglan's whole body was exhausted and sweated, with her clothes on, she felt very sticky.

"Jingyi...?" She tried to talk but her voice was hoarse so it hurt when she did it.

"You had a nightmare, you were screaming and tossing around in your sleep... I tried to wake you up but you just didn't wake up...." Qiang Jingyi told her, his voice was slightly shaky and his eyes looked very worried.

Ah, yes...

She remembered it clearly, it was really a suffocating dream she had.

Qiang Jingyi sensed that she wanted to sit up so he got off her and sat up, leaving space for her to move her body. Sitting up, Lin Xinglan winced when she felt pain, she looked at her arm and saw that there were many bloody scratch marks on the same spot as her ugly bruise caused by the bandit. She looked at her right hand and just as she expected, her fingers were covered in blood.

"You also hurt yourself in your sleep..." He said in a low pained voice as he pulled messy hair strands that hung in front of Lin Xinglan's face behind her ear.

Lin Xinglan noticed there were also red scratch marks on Qiang Jingyi's hand and wrist, she knew that it was her doing, he had most likely tried to keep her from moving and hurting herself. She softly lifted his hand with hers and then put it on her left cheek.

"Your hand, it must had been painful... I'm sorry I hurt you.." Lin Xinglan tried to properly apologize with her hoarse and sore throat.

Qiang Jingyi helplessly sighed, "Stupid, you should be more worried over your arm. Look at how terrible it is... Why would you hurt yourself like this? What did you dream?"