Chapter 53

A black clothed man was secretly following someone along with two other black clothed men when he suddenly sneezed. Because of that, it alerted their target and before they knew it, their target had already disappeared.

Shu Ze and Shu Li stared weirdly at the man who sneezed, they perfectly knew that he would never make such a stupid mistake during missions but now, it seemed they were wrong.

Shu Ya looked at the place their target had disappeared and then at his comrades, ".... Someone must be talking about me behind my back... I am innocent."

Back in the palace, Lin Xinglan easily smiled while Qiang Jun Hei thought it was difficult to manage his smile. Naturally, he knew about her identity, when he accidentally spotted her, he had planned to scheme against her. However, he didn't think she would give him a fake name. She wasn't as stupid as he had originally thought.

"Shu Ya, what a... Beautiful name."

Lin Xinglan moved her gaze around her surroundings and stopped on the man, "Uncle, what are you doing in this kind of place?"

The place they were in was empty, they were still outside and yet they couldn't spot a single flower. It looked like an unused place that no one visited anymore.

Uncle.

His smile faltered as he tried his best to control his temper. How he wanted to slap her face. Although he was 27 years old, being called uncle was not favorable.

Qiang Jun Hei smiled again, "Just wandering around..." His gaze moved to the chain laying on the ground, "Do you want me to free you?"

He saw Lin Xinglan lowered her head, thinking that she agreed, he grabbed his sword that was hanging beside his left hip. In truth, Lin Xinglan wanted to actually refuse because she was unsure how Qiang Jingyi would react if he found out about it. Before she could voice out her rejection, Qiang Jun Hei had already broken the chain with his long sword. He broke the chain apart but not the shackle around her wrist, as if he was afraid to accidentally hurt her if he aimed at her shackle instead.

He frowned and put a sad expression, "I am sorry, this is the best I can do."

Lin Xinglan was startled and shook her head, "It is fine, I can just ask someone else to handle it."

"Alright. Then, what are you planning to do now?"

"I am actually... Waiting for someone."

Acting like he was thinking, Qiang Jun Hei suggested, "Waiting for someone? How about... I keep you company until then?"

Lin Xinglan still had a smile on her face but she was inwardly frowning. It was a fact that she wasn't sure of his identity so she didn't want to interact with him any longer. She really wanted to shout Qiang Rong Kai's name and ask him for help. But it was precisely because she didn't know the man's identity, she couldn't afford to carelessly offend him.

"This..." She looked at the man and hesitantly said, "Why not? The more the merrier."

They began to talk about random things together; Qiang Jun Hei would always ask for her opinions on things they talked about and Lin Xinglan would naturally reply back but it didn't satisfy him as she only gave non serious answers. Qiang Rong Kai, hiding in the shadows, looked at them with a complicated expression. He had wanted to take away Lin Xinglan as soon as he spotted Qiang Jun Hei but ultimately refrained himself.

If he showed up, Qiang Jun Hei would definitely recognize him and things would become difficult, especially for Lin Xinglan. He decided to wait a bit longer, if Qiang Jun Hei planned to attack her then he would no doubt take her away before he could harm her.