Chapter 50

There were black lines over her face as she looked at the shackle around her right wrist with a chain attached to it which led to another shackle that was around a wrist that was much broader and rougher.

"Is this really necessarily?"

Qiang Jingyi nodded, "I promised to myself that I would chain you by my side."

Lin Xinglan's lips tightened, her expression still looking gloomy, "You're unexpectedly kinky..."

Not able to understand the word 'kinky', Qiang Jingyi raised his eyebrow questioningly, "What do you mean?"

".... Are you really sure you want to do this?"

Qiang Jingyi looked at her meaningfully before he held her right hand, "Lan... I really don't want to do this. But you keep leaving my side, and you would only come back if I come and get you personally."

Dissatisfied yet having no way to refute him, Lin Xinglan pursed her lips, "Fine. It's not like I plan to run away again so it wouldn't make much difference if I am not chained."

Lin Xinglan really meant what she said. Whether she was chained by Qiang Jingyi's side or not, it wouldn't do much difference because she wasn't planning to go somewhere alone now that Fu Hanyu had lost all of the map pieces.

Wearing the shackle was like not wearing one, just that Qiang Jingyi would feel more ease that way because who could really blame him?

Continuously leaving his side, how could he stay still calm? Albeit, he knew it wasn't right for him to chain her by his side but his love for her was too strong for him to control. Moreover, if Lin Xinglan really didn't want him to do this to her, she wouldn't had given up so easily, and with that thought, Qiang Jingyi's heart was no longer as heavy.

After she told Qiang Jingyi about herself, it was his turn to tell her about things that happened to Fu Hanyu. Lin Xinglan couldn't stop herself from laughing when she got to know how Qiang Jingyi defeated Fu Hanyu.

Just imagining the look of his face when he realized that not only had he lost two map pieces but also the three map pieces he ordered Xavier to take them away made her crack up again and again until she couldn't breathe. At that moment, she swore she had seen Qiang Jingyi look at her weirdly.

There was no way to say that she was bothered whenever the servants stared at her handcuff that was linked to Qiang Jingyi's when they didn't even dare to raise their head as they walked by after they had greeted their master and the young miss.

"Jingyi, you're infuriating." Lin Xinglan bit her lips.

"En, I'm infuriating." Qiang Jingyi simply smiled, not minding being called infuriating. He was happily walking together with Lin Xinglan.

"Hateful."

"En, I'm hateful."

"Evil."

"En, I'm evil."

"Unfair."

"En, I'm unfair."

"You owe me money."

"En, I owe you money."

Qiang Jingyi stopped in his tracks as soon as he finished his sentence, "...."

In another place, different time and day, a figure wrapped in bandages slowly opened his blue eyes. When his eyes opened all he saw was a plain ceiling so he moved his gaze all way down to his left side as short figures appeared in his sight.

"Commander Xavier, you're finally awake!"

The physicians were thrilled, they did no longer had to worry about their lives. Xavier didn't pay attention how they felt and coldly looked at them, "Young master?"