Chapter 55

Qiang Jian Ming hid his true emotion with a gentle expression, he eyed the girl clad in black clothes and couldn't help but become mesmerized by her looks for a brief moment. She had her hair up in a bun, her doe eyes were clear and luminous, and her lips looking smooth and soft. Because she was wearing mostly black clothes, her green jade hair pin that supported her bun became exceptionally highlighted.

A gentle smile appeared on his face, "I feel good, it is such a wonderful day after all. I thank the beautiful lady for worrying about me."

On contrary to his words, his face was pale and there were traces of blood on his lips, Lin Xinglan was still worried.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to call someone?"

Chuckling, Qiang Jian Ming waved his hand, "It is fine, I am just a little ill, I will feel better soon."

Lin Xinglan didn't believe him, he was sick and needed help, he even coughed up blood. She might be clueless when it came to medical things but she knew that when someone coughed up blood, they needed to be checked up. The man was wearing a dark blue inner garment with a dovetail colored flower pattern and with the white garment beneath, the collar was the only part that was visible. Beneath all of them, he wore a sky blue colored robe. His delicate hair was down as his side bangs were cut short. Together with his graceful, delicate face and a tiny mole under the corner of his left eye, he looked very feminine but despite that, Lin Xinglan could still see that he was a man.

Just as she was about to open her mouth, the man began to cough again. His coughs almost made her grimace, it was loud and harsh, she could even hear him cough up blood. Noticing that his white handkerchief was completely red, she took out her own and hurriedly put it against his mouth.

Because his coughs became more violent, Qiang Jian Ming placed his hand over the handkerchief against his mouth, his hand inattentively touched Lin Xinglan's hand. Lin Xinglan didn't noticed it until he pushed her away from him. It was also the moment a jade dropped to the ground. Lin Xinglan didn't get offended from being pushed, her eyes fell on the white jade and she squinted her eyes to read the characters engraved on it. She widened her eyes and looked at him with surprise.

"You are..."

Qiang Jian Ming's identity as the second prince of Qin was exposed and his expression became grave, he didn't want anyone to find out about his situation. Never did he think the commoner that was with Qiang Jingyi would find out. His eyes darkened. He couldn't let people know about his condition or else, he would forever lose the opportunity to become the next Emperor.

Breathing heavily after coughing a few more times, Qiang Jian Ming looked at her with red eyes, "Don't you dare tell anyone. If you do, this prince will not spare your life."

Lin Xinglan gulped and nodded her head, "I won't but... Your highness, you seem to be very ill..."

Qiang Jian Ming smiled forcefully, "Leave. Remember to not tell anyone, or your head will fall from your body, Xinglan."

Aside from being threatened, Lin Xinglan was shocked that Qiang Jian Ming knew her name, she wasn't sure how she was known by the imperial members. It seemed like she unknowingly became famous among important people. An idea popped up in her mind; If she really was famous, was it possible for her to somehow earn money from it?

But that idea was immediately dispelled, she wasn't even sure if it was a great thing to be known by important people, such as imperials, or not. She inwardly shook her head and returned to reality. She bit her lips and pondered if she would leave or get help but, the second prince told her not to tell anyone about it. However, what if he really needed help and if he didn't get help, he would die? She would get sentenced as a murderer who caused the death of the second prince of Qin if that truly happened.