Chapter 64: The End

It was as if everything around her was dead silent, she couldn't hear a single sound. She couldn't hear Xavier raging and killed his way to Qiang Jun Hei—who apparently was the archer that shot Fu Hanyu. She couldn't hear the people who stopped fighting, started to fight again. She couldn't hear Qiang Jingyi calling for her multiple times. She placed her hand against his chest, not minding the blood, and couldn't hear his heart beating. Then, she moved her hand up to his face, only to feel it being completely cold, not a single warmth could be detected.

Ah, he's really gone...

Lin Xinglan didn't know how she should feel; she felt complicated. Fu Hanyu was clearly her childhood enemy whom she detested and always wished for his death—but here he was, dying but she didn't feel happy or relieved. It was clear that without Fu Hanyu, everything would become peaceful for her again. She was supposed to hate him, she was supposed to be delighted, not feeling empty and complicated. She didn't want to believe it but she had to face the reality.

How cruel fate was, she wanted to say a simple sentence to him with a sincere smile; 'Thank you for saving me, Hanyu.'

But it was too late, her chance was gone—forever, and so was he.

Lin Xinglan was absent-mindedly staring at Fu Hanyu until she was snapped back to her senses by Qiang Jingyi.

"Lan, you have to get up now!" He shouted as he kept counter attacking his enemies, protecting her.

Right, she was still in the middle of a battle. Lin Xinglan had forgotten about it but nonetheless, she gently placed Fu Hanyu on the ground before she got up. Qiang Jingyi pulled her to his side as he slashed his sword against the people attacking him.

Kicking the last one away from them, Qiang Jingyi stabbed the enemy to kill him off. Afterwards, he shook his sword to get rid of as much blood as possible off the blade and sheathed it. All the people on Qiang Jun Hei's side got eliminated—although both Qiang Jingyi's and Fu Hanyu's sides had lost some of their men too. Even Qiang Jun Hei was not spared. He was ruthlessly killed by Xavier, who was still furious but no more than how he felt grief-stricken over his young master's death.

Knowing that their young master had died, none of his people felt the need to continue with the fight after killing Qiang Jun Hei and his guards. What was the use of some treasure if their young master was no longer alive. Who would they follow now? What were they going to do from now on? Why did their young master have to die? They mourned.

Xavier was covered in blood but he didn't care a bit, he soullessly walked up to his young master and picked him up from the ground. He tenderly carried him in his arms as if he was a fragile treasure that needed to be handled with extra care. His young master was gone and he didn't know what to do without him; he had never imagined himself living without his young master. He always thought he would stay by his side forever. His young master was his savior and master. His chest felt suffocating, he had hard to breathe and it was as if he would collapse soon in despair. He didn't want to accept it, he refused to accept it; his young master died and he wasn't able to do a single thing about it. He couldn't save him, he just stood and watched him fade away.

Xavier admitted; it hurt a lot, he didn't like the pain he was feeling. He wanted it to be gone.

Walking away from the scene, Xavier shot Lin Xinglan a fierce glare with full of hatred; he did his best to control his urges to kill that damned woman. His young master had died while he was saving her; if he killed her, he would be wasting his young master's death. Lin Xinglan winced when she saw how Xavier was looking at her.

Xavier gritted his teeth, "You are lucky I won't kill you. However, don't you dare forget what young master has done for you. I will never forgive you."