Chapter 29

"I FINALLY FOUND IT!"

Lin Xinglan turned her head to the side to see Zaki Yaman. His clothes were in a disarray way while he had a flushed face along with a happy smile, it looked like he was incredibly excited.

Zaki Yaman looked at Qiang Jingyi, he wanted to say something more but then he saw the sharp look Qiang Jingyi gave him. He tilted his head quizzically and when he finally moved his gaze to the other side of the table, he saw Lin Xinglan standing as she looked at him. Zaki Yaman understood he had said something he shouldn't had aloud.

"Big brother Zaki, you almost scared me to death. Why do you look so... Happy? What did you finally found?" Lin Xinglan asked before she sat down on the chair.

Zaki Yaman gulped, "It's nothing, little sister. This big brother just found my special wine that I somehow forgot where I first hid it. I came here to share his highness my happiness!"

"Ohh...." Lin Xinglan dragged out the word slowly. "Sure, if that's what big brother says then it must be like that."

"Yes, yes." He laughed clumsily.

In the shadows, Shu Ya shook his head hopelessly, Zaki Yaman was lucky he didn't slip out more than what he already had or else, it wouldn't end well for him. Still, why did Shu Ya feel like Lin Xinglan didn't believe Zaki Yaman despite what she said?

"Anyways, how have you been doing? I'm sorry I didn't visit you sooner." Zaki Yaman changed the topic and sat down on an empty chair beside the other two persons.

"It's fine, Jingyi comes here every day so I'm doing great." Lin Xinglan said, smiling.

Zaki Yaman raised his brow, "First name basis?" He started to grin crazily, "Oh my, I think you're the first person that ever called his highness by his name! You two are sure close, like a true pair of lovers!"

Lin Xinglan chuckled, "Big brother Zaki really likes to joke. Jingyi and I are just childhood friends so we tend to be a bit close."

Both Zaki Yaman and Shu Ya impulsively got shivers up their spine as they felt the room's temperature dropped down a lot. It was only Lin Xinglan who didn't noticed the change which only made Qiang Jingyi's mood grow darker.

"Are you feeling cold, big brother? But... It's summer?" Lin Xinglan was puzzled when she saw Zaki Yaman was quiet while he slightly shivered.

Zaki Yaman regained his sense and awkwardly said, "No, I'm alright."

He didn't dare to look at Qiang Jingyi at the moment because he was sure his highness was not happy over getting rejected by the girl he took a liking on. Zaki Yaman wanted to tease the girl but he never anticipated she would dismiss the thought without hesitation.

She didn't even become shy or embarrassed, could his highness even be able to catch her heart?

"I see, but if you don't feel good, it's better for you to go and rest."

"Thanks for little sister's concern." Zaki Yaman smiled.

They talked for a while, the one who talked the most was Zaki Yaman while Qiang Jingyi would sometime throw out a comment here and there, though it was only to Lin Xinglan, he completely ignored Zaki Yaman. Qiang Jingyi even got Zaki Yaman to switch seat with him because apparently, he didn't want Zaki Yaman to sit closer to Lin Xinglan than himself. 

Lin Xinglan asked the two of them about the books she got from Qiang Jingyi, only the parts where she didn't exactly understand. One way or another, it turned into a long discussion, Zaki Yaman was surprised over Lin Xinglan, her course of thoughts and percipience were quite interesting to listen.