Chapter 48

A table was broken in half and from the force, the one responsible for it was clearly very angry. Fu Hanyu had just arrived to his main house when he suddenly saw his men laying either dead or heavily injured on the ground. A bloodied weak man kneeled down in front of Fu Hanyu with his head down, not daring to look up.

"I-it w-was the fourth prince's guards. They ambushed us all of the sudden and they managed to defeat us because of...." He no longer dared to speak anymore vy that point.

Fu Hanyu looked at his underling dangerously, he knew what he was about to say. Because he took more than half of his men with him to Yu Shun's place, the main house wasn't as guarded as it was normally so Qiang Jingyi took it as an opportunity to invade his place.

This was a part of his miscalculation, to underestimate that man, it was his mistake.

Fu Hanyu swept his gaze towards the empty broken chest, the two map pieces that were supposed to be inside the chest locked up were no longer there. What reason did Qiang Jingyi send an army here if not for the map pieces?

Fu Hanyu coldly laughed, "Very good, Qiang Jingyi. It seems like you refuse to back down without a fight."

His laugh made the kneeling man shiver in fear, he knew his young master laughed often but laughing while he was angry wasn't something he wanted to hear.

However, Yu Shun arched his eyebrow, "You don't seem to be as furious as I imagined you would be." Glancing at the broken chest and back at Fu Hanyu, he said, "Two of the map pieces are in his hands now."

"Aren't you observant? They might have the map pieces but it doesn't matter. With Xavier, whether we keep or lose them, it no longer matters once he has taken a look at them."

Able to understand Fu Hanyu's meaning, Yu Shun smiled, "You say that but where exactly is he?"

Fu Hanyu froze and frowned, "He should have already been here before us-"

He didn't have the chance to finish speaking when a burly man forcefully opened the door in panic.

Seeing his master coldly looked at him, the burly man hurried to speak, "Y-young master! Commander Xavier is back!" Receiving a look from his master to continue speaking, he said, "B-but.. He's seriously injured! He collapsed right after he walked past the main gates. The physicians are already in action, they said there is a low chance he will make it."

Upon hearing this, Yu Shun didn't cover his gentle laugh, "Well, Fu Hanyu, it seems the one you depend so much on for being your map guide isn't in a great condition. This is unfortunate for your side. Whether he will survive or die, fate will have the final word."

The hidden mockery in his laugh didn't escape from Fu Hanyu's hearing, Fu Hanyu clenched his fists as he fiercely glared at Yu Shun before he walked out to take a look on Xavier. The burly man hurried to catch up with Fu Hanyu to show him the way.

Yu Shun shook his head in amusement, "Old man, I presume you're happy with the result of hoping to bring chaos just for your entertainment."

The underling, who was still kneeling, looked up at the blue clothed man confused over what the latter one had said, "Gentleman Yu?"

He was even more confused when he saw the disgusted look on Yu Shun's face and without him knowing, he had already fallen down coldly with his consciousness already gone.

Seeing blood stains on his clothes, Yu Shun's expression became uglier, "Tsk, If it wasn't because of the bet, I wouldn't even be here getting dirtied and ordered around."

A full naked man under the quilt was covered in bandages, his face was pale and cold as his eyes were closed. The silver clothed man stood beside the sleeping man while the physicians explained to him.