Chapter 22

Emily's POV

Gemma finally accepted that she could still call me every day and talk to me that way.  It was a long day, lugging myself around, decided if this was for sure the best idea.  I decided that it was.  When we arrived at the stadium, I sat in a few different places and just silently thought about how lucky I'd been.  I have traveled with Niall so many places, when our siblings got married, everything became wonderful and new again, I had a whole new life, and Niall gave me adventures that I could never forget.  I could only imagine what it would be like to have these boys change your life, and then finally get to see them.  I realized that I took seeing them every day for granted.  People dreamed of having my life, and here I am treating Harry like nothing and leaving Niall alone on tour. "Emily!" Gemma called me from on stage.  I ran to the stage and was lifted up by the security guards. "Hey Gemma..." "Their going to start letting the audience in.  Come backstage with me." "Yeah, alright." She took my arm and led me to the dressing rooms where Louise was frantically fixing Niall's hair, which wasn't cooperating at all.  The other four were just in a circle, talking and laughing.  I didn't know how to say goodbye.  I guess that him helping me pack was the best way.  We huddled for group prayer before they went on and then all headed backstage.  The screaming and talking amongst everyone in the stadium was overwhelmingly loud.  I felt the vibrations all throughput myself and into my fingertips, which were soon holding an envelope. "Read it well, love." Harry said, kissing my cheek before running on stage.

He got in place while the intro video finished and then walked on with the guys, starting the concert off with Midnight Memories.  Gemma was over with Ashton and I was standing in the middle of backstage, by myself, holding the envelope which held something I wasn't sure I was ready to read.  But I had to.  I walked to the back wall and leaned against it.  I then slowly opened the envelope and pulled out the small folded paper that was inside of it.  I unfolded it quickly and read through it. "Emily, you're normal enough for me.  Please stay.  I love you. -Harry" a tear fell on the paper, smearing a part of his name written in the fresh ink.  I lookrd put at the back of the stage and half smiled.  I sunk onto the floor and held the letter against my chest and was going between crying and laughing.  I felt like a little schoolgirl in fifth grade.  I felt like running out onstage.  I felt.  That's what happened.  I. Felt.  I felt like nothing else mattered.  I didn't feel like leaving anymore, although I still planned on it.  But I felt something deep inside of myself, glowing, exploding, sparking... Falling madly in love in that instant.  I realized that I had been ridiculous.  He had gotten softer this entire time and my pride was too high to realize just how much he meant and what we were to eachother.  After all this time.  We were falling more and more in love with the sound of eachother's voices and we were falling in love with the way the other person would retaliate.  This was never the way I expected, ever, but it was happening.  And I didn't want it to stop.

Vote/Comment/Fan Xxx