7

"So are you ever going to tell me how you knew about my parents?"

Yoongi was sitting crossed-legged on his bed, highlighting the important points that might come up in the test.

Jimin strecthed his body on the mattress and rolled over to get closer to Yoongi. "I met them before."

"Where?" Yoongi looked away from his book to Jimin.

"At the hospital."

Yoongi was quiet before nodding. "Mom or dad?"

"Mom mostly. And then dad briefly."

Yoongi nodded again. "And you remember me when you saw me in school?"

Jimin giggled slightly. "Yoongi, we attended the same elementary and middle school. I've always known who you were."

The older eyed the younger weirdly, thinking how could have not noticed a boy like Jimin throughout his years in school. Maybe he was that indifferent before. "Those times with mom at the hospital were better times than dad's."

"Yeah. You seemed happier too when your mom was in there. You laughed a lot with her."

Yoongi chuckled bitterly. "Even when mom was very sick I was still happier. Dad being in there was just..."

"Of course you were." Jimin drew soft circles on the back of Yoongi's hand and he found it comforting.

"Dad was just selfish."

"Or madly in love."

"But he had two kids to look after. It was stupid of him to take his own life only to fail and then die of infection."

"You can't question your dad like that. He could've felt hopeless without your mom."

"What about us?" Yoongi sighed and leaned against the headboard. "I was more worried about hyung. I'm pretty sure I could survive anywhere. But Jin hyung was closer to dad. And to see dad like that broke his heart."

"It's all in the past, Yoongi. Jin hyung has a good job now and he seems happy."

"I know. He still wouldn't do memorials for him, though."

Yoongi watched as Jimin got up to sit on the older's thighs, resting his hands on Yoongi's shoulders. He should push him away but it didn't feel awkward. In fact, it was far from uncomfortable.

"There are a million reasons why I like you, Yoongi. This being one of them."

"What is?"

"The fact that you worry more about your brother than the younger you. Even though you don't show it."

"I'm not that cold."

"You were never cold, Yoongi. I told you. You're sweet." Jimin smiled and Yoongi couldn't help but smile too.

"Guys I'm going to the— OH MY LORD WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!"

Yoongi peeked from over Jimin's shoulder to see his brother covering his eyes upon opening his bedroom door.

Jimin laughed and removed himself from Yoongi's lap.

"We weren't doing anything, hyung." Yoongi said monotonously.

"Dammit, Yoongi! You go on and on about me being gay and yet here you are with your boyfriend straddling you!"

Jimin laughed even harder, making squeaky noises between his laughs, and instead of getting mad at his brother, Yoongi joined Jimin in his laughing fit. More like laughing at Jimin but that didn't matter. Honestly, he couldn't remember when was the last time he laughed like this.

Jin hyung simply stood there looking at the boys. But his glare had turned into a smile and he looked away to wipe his eyes.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Yoongi asked once he noticed that.

Jin hyung smiled softly and walked closer to Yoongi to plant a kiss at the top of his head, which Yoongi just scowled in response. "Nothing's wrong." He smiled again through his tears. "Absolutely nothing."

When his brother left, Yoongi looked at Jimin and gave a confused look. "What was that?"

Jimin smiled. "Told you," he came closer to lay his head on Yoongi's lap, "you should laugh more."