33

"I met Jimin yesterday. He's back in Seoul."

"Where?"

"I bumped into him at Shinsegae."

"The department store?"

"Yeah. Thing is..."

"What?" Yoongi stared at his friend who was rubbing the back of his neck.

"Jimin was with another guy."

Fuck.

"That doesn't mean they're together, Prez."

"Yeah. You're right. They weren't holding hands or anything. They just seemed close."

Yoongi shrugged. "He could just be a friend."

"Yeah. He could." Hoseok leaned forward a little. "Why do you keep waiting on him, Yoongs? If you ask me, Jimin's been a bit..."

"What?"

"Trashy."

"Don't."

"Seriously, he left you so many times before. I don't see why you—"

"Prez, if you keep talking like that we're just going to be arguing."

Yoongi was glad his friend decided to drop the subject with his hands up, surrendering. He wasn't in the mood to talk about Jimin suddenly.

Both men spent an hour catching up on things before Hoseok had to leave for an appointment and Yoongi had to leave for home.

"Hey, prez."

"Yeah?" Hoseok paused at the door and turned to face Yoongi again.

"When you saw him yesterday, did he look happy?"

The man at the door sighed. "What do you want me to say, Yoongs?"

"Lie to me."

Hoseok nodded. "He looked miserable."

———

"Set up the table, grumps."

"K."

"Why do I feel like your words just kept getting shorter and shorter? Is that a new thing? Or you just detest being home that much?"

Yoongi sighed as he looked at his older brother. "I don't. I'm sorry. There's been a lot in my mind."

"More important than mom's anniversary?"

Dropping his head down, Yoongi palmed his face. "No." His voice was barely a whisper and he hoped so much Jin hyung would stop asking. He just didn't want to talk about it.

In fact, he just didn't want to talk at all.

"Okay." Jin hyung suddenly moved closer to pat him on the shoulder. "Just set the table for mom, okay?"

Nodding, Yoongi followed his brother's instruction. It wasn't that Jimin was more important than mom. It was just that Jimin held his everything.

His past.

His mind.

His heart.

Yoongi knew what he was supposed to do. He needed to hold on.

He needed to trust Jimin.

But what if Jimin was the one who had moved on?

"You know," Jin hyung said and Yoongi looked up to his brother. "Everything will be okay soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Just..." the older brother sighed. "You look miserable. I just wanted to give you some positive vibes."

The pale man had to smile. Here was his brother who was utterly heartbroken a couple of months ago from his break-up with Ken hyung, trying to cheer him up. "Thanks, hyung."

"Yeah. Thank me again later."

"What?"

"Nothing."

————

"Yoongs. Sorry I can't make it tonight."

The pale man chuckled a little. "Don't worry prez. We'll hang out next time."

"Yeah. I got to go."

Yoongi could have sworn he heard a woman's moan at the background of Hoseok's call and shook his head. "Yeah. Make sure to use protection."

Hoseok laughed before disconnecting the call.

Sighing as he eyed the papers on his desk, Yoongi thought of completing a little bit more work tonight but decided perhaps it was best to actually get that beer anyways. Even if he was alone.

As he stepped out of his office's building, Yoongi breathed in the cold February air and breathed out warm puffs, forming translucent clouds in front of his face. It had been too long but Yoongi suddenly felt light-hearted.

It had been fifty months since he last saw Jimin. Fifty months since the letter. Fifty months since he promised himself he wouldn't move on. Fifty months of being single and alone.

Through all those fifty months, Yoongi never felt lonely. He had the messages to keep him company. The drafts Jimin saved for his replies were more than enough for him to go through, whenever he missed him too much.

Sometimes Yoongi didn't even need to read them. He would open one draft and put the phone on his chest as he lied on bed, reciting the saved message word per word.

Jimin was finally here back in Seoul as Hoseok said four days ago, and it was more than enough for Yoongi. He believed the younger man would come and find him soon.

Reaching into his pocket, he touched Jimin's old phone and smiled before walking towards the pub near the office.

Yoongi observed the other pedestrians, all walking towards their own goal, some looking happy, some were frustrated, others were like him - a little lost.

One face caught his attention but Yoongi shook it off.

He had missed Jimin too much it seemed.

Yoongi walked faster before his hand was pulled by another, and he turned around to come face to face with his everything.

His past.

His mind.

His heart.

"Hi Yoongi."