18

Yoongi groaned when the morning sun hit his closed eyes. "Close the curtain, prez."

There was no response so he opened his eyes to realize he was back home. Yoongi turned to see the space next to his empty.

Jimin must have woken up earlier.

Yoongi was just about to close his eyes again to sleep a little bit more when he heard his door creaked open.

"Hey." Jimin leaned against the doorframe, smiling.

"Hey." The sleepy boy managed to croaked out a response. "You're up early."

Moving closer to sit on the edge of the bed, Jimin shrugged. "I'm used to it. 8 is already too late to work on the fields."

Yoongi nodded and watched as Jimin reached for his hand, lacing their fingers together. The younger gave a light squeeze and Yoongi returned it back.

"Why did things have to happen the way it did?" Jimin whispered.

Yoongi sighed. "I don't know." He looked at the boy. "I wanted to say this the other day."

"Hmm?"

"When you said you used to have everything and now you have nothing."

Jimin nodded, remembering the exact moment.

"I wanted to say, you could have at least have me." Yoongi watched as Jimin's gaze focused on his own lap and soon, drops of tears rolled down his cheeks to gather under his chin before falling down to create wet spots on his jeans.

Sitting up, Yoongi pulled the younger towards his chest and held the boy close as he cried his heart out.

It took some time for Jimin to calm down, and when he did, he pulled back to smile at Yoongi.

Jimin's smile had definitely returned.

"You're still very sweet, Yoongi."

"Yeah, yeah. Like sugar."

"Exactly." Jimin grinned and leaned in, dropping an unsuspecting peck on Yoongi's cheek. "Thanks, Yoongi."

"Yeah whatever. I'm going back to sleep." Yoongi lied back down on the bed, pulling the covers up over his head to block the sunlight.

Or his blush.

He couldn't tell which.

———

"This brings back memories." Jimin stated as they both walked to the convenience store to get ice cream.

It was too hot that summer and even domestic Yoongi couldn't stand staying at home.

"We never got ice cream together when we were in school." Yoongi muttered to which Jimin giggled.

"Yeah but it's the same route we take to school."

Yoongi nodded. Jimin was right.

"Chocolate?" Jimin asked as he browse through the flavors.

"Red bean."

"So old."

"Shut up."

"Hey," Jimin said as they exited the store, "wanna go see what our school looks like now?"

Yoongi licked his ice cream and shook his head. "Too far. Too hot."

"That hot that you can't even form a sentence, huh?" Jimin smiled as he licked before biting his frozen treat.

Yoongi nodded but he noted how Jimin bit his ice cream instead of licking it and found that interesting. He wondered why that piece of useless information made his heart skipped a beat.

"Come on. It'll be fun."

"No."

"Pleeeaaaaase."

Yoongi looked over at Jimin who's lower lip had jutted out.

The fact that Jimin had chosen an artificially colored watermelon flavored ice cream didn't help. Yoongi couldn't take his eyes off Jimin's glistening red lips.

Fuck.

"Fine." He finally said and walked fast, leaving Jimin behind.

"Wait for me!"

Yoongi didn't turn around but kept walking.

He should have.

Then he could have seen how Jimin stopped walking and knelt down, before falling on the hot, hard pavement.