32

"Yoongi! Come in, sit down."

Yoongi smiled professionally to the old man behind the big oak desk before bending a little for a bow. "Mr. Lee."

As Yoongi settled himself as comfortable as he could on the hard leather chair, he eyed the office inconspicuously.

"How's the project going on?" The old man with the booming voice asked, his hands laced together in a fist in front of his face.

"It's going good. We're moving forward quite steadily. The interns already submitted the designs and we're going through them one by one. We will choose the best three and show them to you."

"Perfect." The old man smiled and his small eyes turned to slits. "You're exceptional, Yoongi. Only four years here and you're already up here," the man leveled his hand on the air, right above his head, "with the big boys."

"Thank you, sir."

"Talk to me again when it's time for your appraisal. I'll slip in some words for you to the big boss."

Yoongi smiled. "Thank you so much, sir."

As Yoongi left the office, he walked briskly towards his own smaller office, closing the door behind him and sat in his chair.

Closing his eyes for a few seconds, Yoongi slipped his hand inside his pocket. The heavy flat object always seemed heavier on days like these. Days when Yoongi wanted nothing but to share good news and he couldn't.

He didn't need to look at the phone in his hand. He just needed to hold it.

The edges of the phone were worn out but the content was still the same.

And Yoongi memorized every single word of the messages that were stored in there.

Four years and still no news of Jimin.

Oddly enough, Yoongi had not once thought of giving up. He held onto Jimin's last message to him - 'Don't move on'.

Sighing, he looked up to his watch and noticed the time. He had promised Jin hyung to be back for the weekend and it was already Friday. He needed to beat the traffic there.

Sipping on his now-cold coffee, Yoongi did his work as much as he could before it was time for him to leave.

"Mr. Min," a knock on the door brought his eyes front from focusing on the papers scattered on his desk.

"Yes?"

"There's someone here for you."

He looked at his watch again. It was now close to 5. "Now?"

"Yes. Should I send him away?"

Him?

"No, that's okay. Let him in."

A few seconds later, Yoongi looked up to see the face he had missed for four years.

Smiling brightly, he stood up from his chair and half ran to the other man, arms stretched out for a long lost hug.

"Prez! Dude! What are you doing here?"

Hoseok laughed as he hugged his friend back. "I'm back in Seoul!"

"For real? You changed your job or you're finally transferred here?"

Getting comfortable on the couch in his office, Hoseok smiled again. "They didn't let me move back here so I left. I am currently unemployed, my friend."

"Prez, you want to work here?"

"Seriously?" Hoseok frowned.

"Yeah. I mean I can put in a good word for you but the decision is still up to the management. All those four years in US would definitely be good in your résumé."

"I don't know."

"Come one! At least I'll have a friend here."

"Four years working here and still no friends? Geez, Yoongs. What have you been doing?"

"Work."

"Yoongs."

"What?"

"Have you seen Jiminie?"

Yoongi shook his head slowly and pursed his lips.

"Have you tried to find him?"

"How? I don't have his number, the farm in Busan was sold off, I googled his name but do you have the slightest idea how many Park fucking Jimin exists in South Korea alone?"

"You sound angry."

Leaning back, Yoongi rested his head and sighed. "I'm not angry. I'm just... Missing him."

"Yoongs."

"What?"

"I met him."

"Who?"

"Jimin."

Yoongi's breath stopped as he looked at his friend.

"I met Jimin yesterday. He's back in Seoul."