Trashed (Namjin) Pt. 2

"Jin?" Play it cool Namjoon, play it cool.

"Yes, your brother was my little brother's homeroom teacher in high school."

I knew that. "So what can I do for you, Mr. Jin?"

"Just 'Jin' please."

"Not even 'Jin hyung'?"

"How did you know I'm older?"

Damnit. "Umm... Lucky guess?" Perfect! You definitely sounded smart there, Kim Namjoon!

Groaning inwardly and literally slapping his own forehead, Namjoon tried his best so he would at least sound calm.

"Anyways, what can I do to help?"

Namjoon waited in a few second of silence when he could hear the other man debating with himself if he should continue with his plan.

All Namjoon could think of at that moment was - "Cute."

"Excuse me?"

Fuck. "Hmm? Nothing?"

"Okay. I know Jimin's back in town now."

Me too. But please continue.

"Would you be so kind to give me his number so I can give it to my brother? If Jimin doesn't love him anymore, at least he should get some closure so he can move on."

Namjoon's mind went to his assistant whom he knew only loved one man - Yoongi. Jimin might not talk about it often, but Namjoon knew how much the boy missed that man with him constantly checking his phone.

Namjoon thought the two boys had each other's numbers, but apparently that wasn't the case, so now here Namjoon was, his mind worked like a firework, with ideas popping in his brain in colorful and vivid hues.

"Do you remember me, Jin?" Namjoon asked, careful to make sure his tone was neither sarcastic nor fearful. He succeeded in sounding calm.

There was a short pause before the man on the other end hummed. "I do. We were set up for a date."

"And I couldn't go. How I regretted that."

"And?"

Jin sounded unbothered, and perhaps a little guarded. "And I will gladly give you Jimin's number once he gets one, since he deactivated his Scotland number."

"Why do I sense a 'but'?"

"You're right."

"What do you need in exchange for that?"

Namjoon's lips curved up in a slow smirk. "A date. Just one. Dinner. Tomorrow. Let me woo you in that two hours."

There was a longer pause now, and Namjoon bit his lower lip in anticipation, afraid the man might say no.

"Okay."

This time, the pause was from Namjoon himself.

"You're going to say anything or should I talk?"

Namjoon tried to open his mouth to respond to that sassy snap but nothing came out of his lips.

"Okay then," Jin continued. "I'll text you the restaurant's name and address. Meet me there at 7. Don't be late."

The line was cut and it took Namjoon a whole five minutes to realize he was still holding his phone near his ear.

———

"You're punctual."

Namjoon sat down opposite the man, and he had to agree with Taehyung.

Jin was indeed beautiful, his large clear eyes, perfect skin and luscious full lips made Namjoon question if he was even real.