31

"Where is he, Mr. Kim?"

Currently, Yoongi was standing in front to his old homeroom teacher, he didn't even bother to make small talk. He just wanted to know where Jimin was.

No.

He needed to know.

Finals were finally over for him, and for those few days, Yoongi had been itching to see Mr. Kim. Being on the edge for those few days, the pale boy gave his greetings and straight away asked for Jimin.

"Why, hello there Yoongi. Nice to see you too after all these years. I'm fine, thank you for asking."

Groaning, Yoongi sat on the bench next to Mr. Kim who the former student felt hadn't aged a day.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim. I just..."

"I know. Jimin had it worse if you ask me."

"You met him?"

"Of course. We have been in contact for a while now."

"Why? And where is he?"

"Let's calm down, Yoongi."

"Fuck."

"Language."

"Sorry, Mr. Kim." Yoongi groaned again as he leaned on the bench and looked up at the sombre December sky.

"Why don't I start from the beginning?"

Nodding, Yoongi shifted a little in his seat so he could face the teacher.

"Jimin met me to get a recommendation letter for his scholarship for college. Since a friend of mine works there, I get to know his update once in a while."

"Friend?"

"Yes. One of the professors there. But that's beside the point. Jimin's got the potential to be more with his results, so I talked to my brother who's in Scotland right now, working with Saint Andrews University."

"Jimin's there now?"

"Yes. He was accepted for a full ride scholarship for Chemistry there. He'll be back in three years. Maybe less."

"Less?"

"Jimin said something about not wanting to leave here for too long, in case you'd start to forget him."

"Never."

"Then tell him that."

"I can't. He left me his phone. I have no way of contacting him. Do you, Mr. Kim?"

"I might. But I promised Jimin I wouldn't tell you anything more than this."

"You don't understand." Yoongi held his breath as he remembered those replies Jimin had in his phone.

'Come and save me, Yoongi.'

"I do understand. Jimin told me specifically not to tell you more than where he was. He left me a short message for you, though."

"What is it?"

"'Don't move on'."

"What?"

"That was the message. 'Don't move on'."

"Jimin, is it okay if I don't move on?"

"It's perfect."

"Shit

"Shit."

"Language."

"Sorry."

"So what are you going to do now, Yoongi?"

The former student shrugged. "I promised him 'always', Mr. Kim. Yet I broke that promise. I'm not going to this time."

"So you'll wait for him?"

Nodding, Yoongi sighed again for the umpteenth time. "I guess I'll just work my ass off while waiting. Not like I can fall in love with anyone else."

Mr. Kim smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan. You know," the teacher turned to look at Yoongi, "before Jimin left, he was utterly heartbroken. But there was something else in him."

"What do you mean?"

"Jimin had this look in his eyes. One that says he's determined to prove something."

"Prove what?"

"I don't know. You can ask him that when he returns."

"This is so frustrating. I finally had him and I messed up."

"You're both still young. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be."

Yoongi nodded again. He stood up and pulled his jacket's lapels tighter. It had gotten too cold in Seoul.

"Mr. Kim,"

"Yes?"

"How's your brother?"

Mr. Kim looked up to his former student and smiled. "Still smitten by yours. How's yours?"

Yoongi had to chuckle bitterly to himself. "Still won't talk to me ever since I forgot Jimin's mom's memorial. I deserve it though." The pale boy sighed as he looked down at his shoes. "He's dating now by the way."

"Yeah I know. I bumped into him a few months back."

"Do you love Professor Jeon?"

"Of course I d— WAIT!"

Yoongi was laughing at full force now, and it hurt his lungs for taking in too much cold air at once. He laughed even harder at Mr. Kim's groans of frustration.

"Why do you keep doing this to me, Yoongi?"

"Sorry." Yoongi smiled but he knew the teacher saw how insincere his apology was. "Professor Jeon's a good man."

This time, the teacher blushed a little. It was the first time Yoongi had seen that and it made him smile. "He is, isn't he?"

Yoongi wanted that. He now knew for sure. He wanted that relationship with Jimin and no one else.

Mr. Kim probably saw that longingness in his eyes.

"He'll be back, Yoongi."

Yoongi messed up once before. He wasn't going to mess up ever again.

"And I'll be here, waiting."