21

Yoongi stepped off the train and breathed in Busan air. If it were under a different circumstance, he would've felt excited. It was, after all, his first time in Busan.

After countless of bus trips and countless more hours of walking under the hot sun, Yoongi finally stepped on the grounds of Park's farm and home.

Something felt amiss.

Especially with the fields unattended and unkempt.

Jimin had told that he went back here, that his mother worked on the farm as well. So what happened?

Knocking on the door, Yoongi waited with bated breath.

"Hello?" He called. But no one came to answer.

"Are you looking for the boy?"

Yoongi turned around to see an elderly woman with her hands clasped behind her, her back so bent Yoongi thought she shouldn't be walking.

"Y-yes."

"He should be up on the hill again. He always goes there around this time."

"Halmeoni, what happened to the farm?"

She looked at Yoongi and sighed. "Guess you didn't know."

Yoongi shook his head slowly.

"She died." The old lady pointed her chin towards the hill. "The mother died."

Yoongi hated running.

His abdomen always hurt when he ran. He hated sweating. He hated it when his lungs hurt from the lack of oxygen.

Yet here he was, running uphill towards Park Jimin. He didn't care for the pain on the lower right side of his stomach. Nor the sting in his eye as his sweat dripped down from his forehead and seeped past his eyelashes.

He didn't care that he might have turned red or even blue from running, especially when he saw Jimin sitting on the ground with his legs sprawled out, his back leaned against a big oak tree.

Yoongi finally stopped a few feet from the younger boy to catch his breath. He walked up slowly and stopped over Jimin, shadowing him and the boy looked up.

"Yoongi..." Jimin smiled. He didn't even look surprised, as if he had expected Yoongi to come.

Taking off his backpack and putting it aside, Yoongi sat next to Jimin and rested his body against the tree.

"You ran all the way here?"

Yoongi nodded.

"All the way from Seoul?"

Yoongi had to laugh. Jimin did too.

The younger boy dragged his feet closer to his body and hugged his knees to cradle his own head on them facing Yoongi. The older mirrored his moves.

"When?" Yoongi whispered.

"A month ago."

"After you came back or..."

Jimin shook his head slightly. "When I was with you."

Shit.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Jimin..."

Jimin smiled again. "It's not your fault. Her body had just had enough."

Yoongi reached to pull Jimin closer until the younger's head touched his chest. "Have you cried?"

Jimin nodded.

"Do you want to still?"

He shook his head.

"Do you feel you should?"

Jimin nodded again and Yoongi hugged him tighter. "Then cry."

It broke Yoongi's heart at how sorrowful Jimin's cry sounded. He didn't even realize that he was crying as well.

Partly because how hurt Jimin must have been.

Mostly because he knew Jimin would never be the same.

And there was nothing Yoongi could do.