20

"Why do you have to go?" The man pouted.

"I need to go because my mom needs my help at home." Jimin smiled at the older's antique.

"But I need you. You're my baby."

"Hyung," Yoongi rolled his eyes at his brother. "He's not your baby. Stop embarrassing me."

"Fine." Jin hyung sighed and hugged Jimin again for the third time this morning. "Take care, kiddo. Please come visit again soon. He's less grumpy when you're around." Jin hyung cocked his head towards Yoongi who simply shook his head in disbelief.

"He's late already, hyung. Let him go."

Yoongi walked Jimin to the bus stop, and waited together.

"This feels weird."

"What is?" Yoongi asked as he checked the bus schedule again.

"Leaving you again."

That stopped Yoongi from doing anything, even breathing. "But you're coming back to college, right?" He didn't even turn around to look at Jimin. At that exact moment, Yoongi was afraid.

"Yeah."

"Good." The older breathed out.

"Will you miss me?"

Yoongi finally turned to face Jimin. "I think so."

The younger smiled and nodded to accept the answer. "I think I will too."

"It's just a month."

"Yeah. Well, see you in college." Jimin got up as the bus arrived and climbed aboard it, sitting next to the window and smiled at Yoongi, before leaving again.

As Yoongi watched the bus drove away, he held his hand on his chest.

Perhaps he had the same condition as Jimin.

Because right now, his heart hurt too.

————

"Where are you going?"

"Busan." Yoongi answered as he packed his backpack.

"Yoongs, we have class tomorrow." Hoseok tried to persuade his friend but Yoongi was determined.

Three years ago, this happened and Yoongi let it be. He merely texted and occasionally called Jimin who would never respond.

But they weren't anything but friends, at least that was what Yoongi thought.

Three years later, it repeated itself and Yoongi didn't want to go through that again. Even if he had to skip classes to go to Busan to where Jimin was.

After Jimin boarded the bus, Yoongi waited for the younger to contact him. But he didn't. Not even for the whole month and again, Yoongi's messages and calls went unanswered.

Yoongi thought he'd at least see Jimin at the college but upon reaching here, he found out Jimin didn't even register for the new semester.

"I can't go. Tell the professors I'll come back to class as soon as I can." Yoongi saddled his bag and turned to Hoseok.

"You really need to do this?"

Yoongi nodded. "He left before. I'm not letting him do it again."

"Yoongs, what if..." Hoseok bit his lower lip, "what if he is just not that into you?"

Yoongi could see his friend tried to make it sound as gentle as possible. Honestly, he had thought of it before and if that was true, he wanted Jimin to tell him from his own mouth.

Which was why he needed to see the boy.

"Then I need him to tell me that himself." Yoongi walked towards the door.

Hoseok nodded. "Okay. Hey Yoongs!"

"Yeah, Prez?"

"Just... If he isn't coming back here, make sure you do."