13

Yoongi was sitting at the library, filling in the forms for a new library card. The one before was misplaced and not missing. He knew it was somewhere in his room but he was just too... tired to look for it. Yoongi would rather pay the replacing fee rather than search for the damn card.

He would've been done ages ago if it weren't for Hoseok interrupting him every two seconds just so the pale man would look at pictures of his girlfriend.

"See this one." Hoseok whispered. "How cute can a person be!" Hosoek swiped left. "Oh this was when she was cosplaying! Look!"

Yoongi groaned softly but still entertained the friend. "Isn't this a new one?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought you were with that pigtail girl?"

"Yoongi! That was last year!"

"Shh!" Yoongi glared the friend. "Prez." Yoongi shot his friend an incredulous look. "It's still only February."

"I mean, that was earlier last year. This is the one for me." Hoseok showed her picture again and spoke softly this time.

"You said the same for the previous ones as well, prez."

"Well, this time I'm sure."

Yoongi looked at Hoseok patronizingly. "Uh huh."

"Excuse me." Someone whispered out beside them so Yoongi moved aside for that person to reach for the forms too. "What's the date today, Yoongi?" The boy whispered again.

"10th February."

The boy chuckled softly.

Wait.

Turning his head around, he looked at the person who just called him by his name.

A million things went through Yoongi's head. He had pictured this situation before over and over.

What would he do if Jimin suddenly showed up in front of him?

He'd hug Jimin. Asking if he was alright. Or he'd get angry, for not contacting even once. Or maybe they'd laugh together at how ridiculous life had been for both of them.

Millions other questions he wanted to ask too.

But right now, Yoongi hated Jimin for chuckling, and he hated himself more for remembering.

It was exactly three years ago he last saw Jimin.

So he simply gritted his teeth and turned on his heel, walking away from the boy of his past.

"Wait, Yoongs. Wasn't that..." Hoseok left his sentence to trail off since Yoongi was practically running away from everything and everyone.

But Yoongi stopped after a few steps to turn around again just to make sure of something.

Standing in front of Jimin not a feet apart, Yoongi stared at the youngest who was still looking at him. No expression could be read from the younger's face and that made him angry.

With shaky hands, Yoongi took out his phone and dialled a number. He waited with his phone's screen faced towards Jimin.

Yoongi didn't care if Jimin saw the picture of the younger which he snapped from his file three years ago and set as his contact photo.

In fact, right now Yoongi didn't even care about anything else. He was too furious to even lash out.

A ringing sound came from Jimin's pocket and people around them glared. Some shushed them.

Jimin let it ring.

Sighing, Yoongi disconnected the call and the ringing stopped.

For the first time in years after his mother died, Yoongi's world just came crumbling down again. All the excuses he made for Jimin were thrown out of the window and what stayed was Jimin, standing in front of him, expressionless, with an unchanged phone number.

Yoongi looked at his phone, the wallpaper had come out. The one he hadn't changed for three years. Perhaps now was a good time to stop it all. He put the phone back into his pocket slowly.

"You should put that in silent mode. You're in a library." Yoongi whispered loud enough for Jimin to hear.

With that, Yoongi left and didn't turn back anymore.