11

Special double update for my dongsaengs because wattpad went haywire 😑

Four days turned to four weeks.

Four weeks turned to four months.

Pretty soon, it was time for Yoongi to graduate.

"Yoongs!"

Yoongi turned to see Hoseok jumping up and down to call for him. "What?"

"Class photo! Come on!"

Dragging his feet away from Jin hyung who had started crying for no reason and towards the group of students whose names Yoongi still hadn't memorized, he suddenly felt sad.

It probably showed up on his face and ruined the photo but Yoongi didn't care.

This place was the only place he could see Jimin, if he ever came back.

But he had to leave for college.

And he had to leave this place behind.

Yoongi walked to the back of the school building, reminiscing the time Jimin confessed to him and the times he saw the student council scolding a bunch of kids bigger than him for loitering.

Taking out his phone, Yoongi dialed the number again.

Of course, the number had long been deactivated. But Yoongi had to try.

"Yoongi. What are you doing here?"

The pale boy turned around to see his homeroom teacher walking up towards him.

"Just thinking."

The teacher nodded. "You'll miss this place?"

Yoongi shrugged. "For a small reason."

"A friend?"

"Maybe."

"Park Jimin?"

Yoongi's eyes darted to the teacher.

"I always observe my students, Yoongi. I might not be the best teacher but I try my best." Mr. Kim sat on a bench and motioned Yoongi to take a seat beside him, which he did. "You know what happened to him?"

Yoongi shook his head.

"His grandmother was sick." The teacher said.

"I know."

Mr. Kim nodded. "But a few days after he went to her house, she passed away."

Yoongi looked at the teacher.

"The family called our school to inform he would be changing schools. Do you have his number?"

Yoongi looked down. "I did. But I guess he changed it."

Mr. Kim nodded again and put down his files on the empty space between them two.

"Well, I need some coffee so I'll just leave my stuff here for a while. I'm pretty sure nobody's going to look through them. After all, they're only students' files. You know, the ones with phone numbers and all. I'm quite surprised at how updated our information is."

With that, Mr. Kim left Yoongi who looked at the teacher oddly.

It took him a few seconds to understand what the teacher was insinuating.

As quickly as possible, Yoongi lifted the files onto his lap, going through it one by one until he found the name he was looking for.

Park Jimin.

Yoongi took out his phone to take a photo of the phone number and address listed.

His camera hovered over the file as he saw Jimin's school photo.

Yoongi's chest hurt.

He didn't know what it was but it felt unpleasant.

Perhaps Yoongi could make fun of Jimin with this photo once they got back in touch so he captured that as well.

Just as Yoongi was putting back the file, Mr. Kim came back with his coffee and sat down.

"I saw your brother just now. I think he's looking for you."

Yoongi got up and turned to leave but thought Mr. Kim should know.

"Mr. Kim,"

"Hmm?"

"Are you gay?"

The teacher sputtered out his coffee and coughed hard. Yoongi watched as the man's face turned purple.

"I- I would like t-to know what gave you the idea."

Yoongi shrugged. "You once hugged a guy at the gate."

"Ah... That was my brother. Not my boyfriend."

"You're pretty close with your brother."

"Well, he has this idea that he still needs to always look out for me no matter how old I am."

Yoongi nodded. He mentally reminded himself to ask for his three dollars from the class president. "What's your brother's name?"

"Kim Namjoon."

"And your boyfriend?"

"Jeon Jungk—WAIT!" Mr. Kim was already groaning and cupped his face.

Yoongi smirked. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I just needed to know since my brother has a crush on you."

The teacher smiled. "I was just thinking he'd be a good match for my brother."

"Let's set them up then. He's been annoying since he kept on saying he'll die of loneliness."

"Maybe we should."

"Yeah."

———

That night, Yoongi lied down on bed, holding his phone as he looked at Jimin's photo.

The younger looked exactly like how he was in school, which meant that the photo must have been taken right before he started high-school.

Yoongi clicked on it and set it as Jimin's contact photo.

But he didn't stop there.

He clicked it again.

Set as wallpaper?

Yes             No