It's not easy making a name for yourself Where do you draw the line?

A day to remember the downfall of us all

It's not easy making a name for yourself
Where do you draw the line?

"Bye Alex." My dad said, I was just coming downstairs after my shower as he was leaving, he starts work earlier and leaves later than my mom so I don't see him as much, some days I don't even see him at all.

"Bye Dad." He picked up his phone and left.

I walked over the the fridge staring at the contents hoping my mum would leave soon so I don't have to eat anything. I don't want her to worry about me. These past few days I've been so hungry it's no surprise that now the thought of food makes me feel sick. I might just bring something for lunch so my mum don't get worried.

Theirs a knock on the door and my mum disappears out the kitchen to get it. I'm probably just going to put a apple in my bag that would surely get thrown away at lunch. I'll just make sure I eat a good dinner tonight to make up for it.

"Your friend is here." My mum said, I turn around and see Jack standing behind my mum with a huge grin on his face.

"He's not my friend."

"Sure honey." She rolled her eyes, "I'm going to work now. See you later."

"Alright bye."

I put the apple I got out he fridge back in. At least now I don't have her to worry about me not eating, just Jack. I don't care if Jack worries. He's not my friend.

"I'm not your friend?" Jack asked in a jokey manner, "You fell asleep and ended up cuddling me until I had to wake you up because I had to go home."

"You was there." I shrug, "And I'm deprived of all human contact."

"I mean if that's what you want to believe."

"I do." I take my phone off charge, I haven't had it in my room recently because I haven't wanted to speak to anyone, "Why are you here."

"To pick you up." Jack sat down at my usual seat up the table, "I texted you about it."

"I haven't been on my phone." I admit, "How do you have my number anyway?"

"Rian."

"Oh."

"Come on eat your breakfast kitten so we can go."

"Don't call me kitten." I don't think Jack understands I don't like him calling me kitten, I'm not just saying it because of my reputation, I don't like nicknames, "And I'm not hungry."

"Alex..."

"I don't have a eating disorder if your asking I'm just not hungry. I ate a lot over this weekend tonight and I'm going to eat a good dinner to make up for not eating today. Promise." I unwrap my earphones from around my phone and put one ear in before shuffling my Spotify playlist, "Why are you even taking me to school you live in the opposite direction to me."

"Because I like you." Jack said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, "And I want to talk to you."

"Okay." I follow Jack out to his car with my music playing and my heads in my hoodie pocket, I throw my backpack in the back seat next to Jack's, "What do you want to talk about?"

"You're not going to tell anyone about what I told you are you?"

"Why would I?" I asked really confused, Jack has way more dirt on me than I do him and anyway, that wouldn't be smart, "I have no reason to."

"Including Zack and Rian."

"Not if you don't want me to."

"Okay good." I was struggling to read Jack's face durning the short conversation because he was so focused on driving but he is visibly more relaxed now, "You know. I think you secretly like being called kitten. That's why I keep doing it."

"I don't like it."

"Your little persona breaks whenever I do it. Only for a second." Jack stops at a red light and looks over at me and smiles, "Like when you first wake up you aren't as angry at the world."

"I don't have a persona."

"Well you get a little softer when I call you kitten." I bite on my nails and the rest of the car ride is in silence, well nobody speaks, I have a earphone in and Jack has a new found glory CD playing so it's not really silence

"I guess you're decent sometimes." I mutter before grabbing my bag from the back seat and stepping out the car, "Don't let that get to your head though."

"Sure thing kitten."

"And don't call me that." The last thing I heard before I shut the passenger door was Jack's chuckles.

I swing my backpack over one of my shoulders and walk out the car park ready to punch anybody who says something about the fact I just got out of Jack Barakat's car. I dare them. I know I'm getting looks but I can't just punch someone over a look. I used to but it was starting to loose its power. I was getting tired. It got boring.

I walk down the halls to form and people move out my way. Maybe I look extra angry today, I need to, I haven't been in for three days and got to prove that I'm back and more pissed than ever. Once I'm outside form I see Zack and Rian already sitting their.

"Hey." I say sliding down the way forcing myself between them.

"You're early."

"Jack drove me." Zack gives me a weird look, "He just came and knocked on my door I knew nothing about it."

"He also said in the group chat he came over Saturday."

"We have a group chat?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Yes you know know if you checked twitter at all." Zack rolled his eyes at me, "Did Jack just come over a Saturday without a invite as well?"

"Yes actually."

"Anyway." Rian said, "Katie is the hottest in the year. No questions."

"No way." Zack laughed, "Ellie is."

"Who do you think is Alex?" Rian asked me, "Ellie or Katie."

"Neither." I shrug not knowing if I should admit to them what I've known for years and then lowering my voice so only people in the immediate area could hear me, this isn't something I want getting out, "I'm extremely gay."

"You're gay?" Rian whispered in shock just as Jack sat down with us.

"Who's gay?"

"Alex." Zack kept his voice low, Jack looks at me and I nod.

"Same." He said, me and Jack have more in common than I originally thought we did.

"Cool."

"Who's the hottest guy in school then?"

"Erm..."

I think for a second. Who is hottest, I've never put much thought into it since everyone hates me so it's not as if I could get a date anyway. As I went over a mental list of names in my head skipping over the three boys in front of me. Even if I was attracted to them I couldn't say anything.

"John." I said coming to a conclusion.

"Same." Jack agreed.

Authors note

Two plot twists in a row. Did you see that coming? Probably it's fanfiction.

So vote and comment what you thinks going to happen next, votes and comments are my motivation. If I have motivation I write more then I'm able to post daily.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻