I was just an only child of the universe And then I found you

Fall out boy the last of the real ones

I was just an only child of the universe
And then I found you

//mentions of self harm//

The big fuss about getting me to hang with them was all for drinking in the park near jack's house. I don't understand why it was a big deal for me to come, I would have anyway but I don't know why they cared so much. We're just sitting on a climbing frame, drinking vodka straight from the bottle and laughing at the faces we're pulling as we take a sip.

"Do you want my jumper?" I ask Jack who was shivering in the cold.

"You need it." He said as I passed him the bottle.

"I don't mind." I take off my jumper before he could protest and threw it into his arms after he passed the bottle to Rian, "I like the cold."

"Thanks." Jack takes his coat off, puts my jumper on top of his and then put his coat back on, "I don't understand your obsession with the cold? I understand some stuff about you but this cold thing I can't wrap my head around."

"It's comforting." I shrug not wanting to do into detail because I don't quite understand it myself, the cold clears my head and makes everything else seem irreverent, it allows me to think without overthinking and it makes me feel just that little bit more grounded.

Conversations and drinking carries on for a bit until it gets dark and I realised I should have left to go home ages ago.

"Shit." I mutter, it takes me over a hour to walk from here and I should be home soon so my mum don't worry I've thrown myself off a bridge.

"What?" Jack asked.

"I should be home soon and it takes me too long to walk."

"Just stay at mine."

"Okay." I say without hesitation or thinking, I've stayed round Rian and Zack's house before so this should be fine.

"We should get going too." Zack said, "Rian you coming mine or going home?"

"I'm going yours since it's closer." Rian jumped off the top of the monkey bars, "Does anyone want the rest of this?"

"Yeah." I say leaning down without falling off and grabbing the bottle off of Rian, I don't drink that often.

"See you in school tomorrow." Zack said as he jumped down, "Text your mum Alex otherwise we're going to get a phone call at midnight of her panicking."

"I'll text her." I don't watch them leave instead I get out my phone and tell my mum I'm staying Jack's and that I'll see her tomorrow after school, when I look back up Jack was staring at my arms with tears in his eyes, "What?"

"Can I see?"

"What?"

"Them." Jack points to my arms.

"Fine." I let him hold on gently onto my wrist with one hand as he traced over the old scars and fresh cuts with his finger tips, he then swapped over to the other arm that wasn't as bad but Jack still looked upset, "Jack?"

"It's bad." He said as he pulled up the sleeve of my t-shirt, this is where it gets deeper, nobody can see them so I'm not worrying anyone, now I'm allowing Jack to touch them, "I don't like you doing this to yourself."

"I hardly know you and you hardly know me."

"It still upsets me." His fingertips where like feathers as he touched them, he was being extra careful not to irritate them, while he's swapping to the other arm again I take a long drink of the vodka Rian left me, there isn't much left, "Save me some."

"Okay." I flinch away from Jack as he touched a cut I did only hours before, it hasn't even had a chance to scab over yet, "Can you stop now please?"

"If you want kitten." Jack pulls down the sleeves of my t-shirt and takes the bottle off me, we sit in a comfortable silence for a bit.

That would have been fine until the gate of the park squeaks open and people from school walk in, "Can I borrow your coat?" I panic, it's dark so hopefully they won't see anything but I'd rather be safe.

"Hu?" Jack sounds confused until he saw the kids walking though the gate, "Sure. Drink the rest of this if you want."

"Thanks." Jack hands me the last of the bottle while he takes his coat of them gives me the coat.

I hold the bottle between my legs while I put the coat on leaving it unzipped. Nobody has noticed that it's me yet, I'm probably just another person to them so I drain the last of a bottle and throw it down on the floor. The sound of the smash makes them look to see who it is. When they know it's me they move away from the climbing frame area and instead hang out by the entrance.

"Wanna go to mine now?" Jack asked.

"Sure." Jack jumps down and I jump after him, "Lead the way princess."

"Hypocrite." Jack laughed gently pushing me.

"You're lucky I like you." I weakly push him back, as we walk past everyone standing by the gate Jack smiles at them, probably because they are who he used to hang out with, I couldn't really see in the dark.

"You hate me calling you kitten but you go and call me princess."

"You like it." I shrug.

"And you like me calling you kitten."

"You're admitting you like being called princess?" I ask, I did only call him it for a joke and for revenge for him calling me kitten but if he don't mind theirs no point.

"Are you admitting you like being called kitten?"

"I don't like being called Kitten."

"Sure kitten." Jack puts his arm over my shoulder and guides me to his house, "My house is only two minuets away."

Authors note

Honestly authors notes are hard. What am I meant to say? Hi today I had a McDonald's breakfast?

So how do you think Alex feels about Jack now? Now Alex is opening up do you think he's going to start getting better? Would Jack be able to convince him to get help?

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻

So darling, just you shut your pretty mouth [jalex]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara