I've had a lot to think about

Knuckle punk disdain

I've had a lot to think about

Isolation goes pretty smoothly, I don't get caught on my phone as usual and Jack is waiting outside when I leave. I don't understand why he dropped me off home when he lives in the opposite direction so he's going out of his way to drive me home. I really appreciate him doing that, if anything I appreciate the fact he does it even though it's not convenient for him even more.

When I drag Jack off to detention with me everyone is just as confused as Jack is, "Why do I need to come?"

"Gunning wants to talk to you." I lie, I probably should have told him privately that Gunning is doing it so this detention isn't a punishment but now as I'm dragging him by the wrist through the halls I can't tell him, everyone has to think I'm getting punished.

"Why?" He asked.

"Wait." As I drag him down the corridor to Gunning's office, once I'm sure nobody's around I lower my voice and let go of Jack, "Basically I'm not actually being punished because he don't think I'm actually wrong so you're allowed to chill with me."

"So I'm not in trouble?"

"No." I laugh, "Why would you get in trouble?"

"No idea."

"Come on princess." I grab his hand and pull him down.

"As you wish." Jack rolled his eyes and I pushed open the door without knowing, "Alex."

"He's not busy no need to knock." I shrug pulling Jack inside, "Hi sir."

"Hello Alex." He looked over at Jack who was uncomfortably leaning into me, "Nice to see you Jack. Take a seat."

"Yeah. You to." He mumbled, I sat down in the chair I usually sit in and Jack sunk down into the other one looking very out of place.

"Alex you aren't being punished anymore but you understand you can't hit people just because they deserve it right?" Gunning asked and I nodded my head, "If you came to me I could have punished Gabe properly but since you hit him I couldn't."

"Got it." I said thinking my way of dealing with it was quite effective.

"Would you try keep him out of trouble." He looked at Jack.

"I've been trying." Jack seems to be relaxing more now, "Yesterday I left him alone for twenty minuets while I went to see if my pe kit was in lost property and he went off."

"It's all your fault Jack." I joke, "If you didn't loose your pe kit this wouldn't be happening."

"Theirs always counselling..."

"No." I interrupted, "You know it didn't help and I don't want people finding out."

"We can tell people you're coming to my office weekly to make sure your behaviour is improving."

"Not doing it." I'm adamant about this, I tried it before for a few weeks and I only felt worse afterwards.

"It's your choice." He sighed, "I'm going to photocopy some papers would you think about it please?"

"Sure." I shrug already having made up my mind, "What do you want to be when you grow up Jack?"

"Nothing interesting."