tell me everything that bothers you

Broadside coffee talk

tell me everything that bothers you

When my parents got back they was, and I quote 'not mad just disappointed' in not only me but everyone else. Jack was mostly sober and was baby sitting me in a way so they was pretty happy with him. Zack and Rian however where making out on the floor when my mum walked in the living room and that gave her a fright. Rian awkwardly explained that they was together but keeping it a secret while Zack just blushed bright red. My mum didn't ground me but did say she's going to have to tell everyone's parents they was drinking because she doesn't want to to loose their trust. I think it's stupid but everyone understood and was still allowed to stay the night as long as we stay upstairs and don't be too loud. We all disappeared upstairs while my mum dug out the blow up mattress for Zack and Rian to share.

When Rian and Zack got into bed I went over to my desk and turnt on my laptop. Zack and Rian either didn't realise or care as they was both on the verge of passing out in each other's arms. Jack noticed. He was sitting up in my bed with the blankets wrapped around his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked.

"Homework." I mumble, "I should probably start making a effort in school."

"That's really good Alex!" I look over at Jack who had a massive grin on his face, who knew deciding to write a report on forces of attraction would make him so happy.

"Shut up." Zack groaned.

"What me to help." Jack whispered and I nodded, I honestly had no clue what I was even doing and was hoping to bullshit my way to a good grade, "I've done mine so I know what I'm doing."

"Thanks." Jack dropped the blanket and cake and sat on my lap, "Is it hard?"

"Not really."

~

Jack helped me finish what would have probably taken me a a good few hours in just over a hour. When we get back to bed Jack ends up falling asleep on my chest, Jack looks so peaceful when he sleeps usually but today he seemed uneasy. Usually he would stay quite still but tonight he was tossing and turning. As I was contemplating waking him Jack suddenly stopped, he was no longer kicking out his legs and throwing the covers off him so I assumed he was fine. That was until just as I was just drifting off to sleep and he got up and left the room. I don't even think he knew I was awake.

When he didn't return after around ten minutes I decided to go find him and make sure he was okay. It wasn't that hard to locate him because the gentle sobbing that seemed to come from behind the bathroom door. Now Jack wasn't one to cry much, sure he showed his emotions, if he was upset he would say but he rarely actually cried. At least not around me.  That's why I found it surprising that not only was Jack crying but he went to hide and do it. I guess it made sense, Jack probably cried a lot more than I would assume and he probably hides it every time. I understand why but that doesn't mean I wish he didn't come to me. I want to know when he's upset, Jack has done so much for me it's only fair I'm able to comfort him in the same way.

"Jack." I whisper knocking on the door, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah." He choked out and I heard the familiar click of the lock, it's usually me crying on that side of door while someone is on the other side worried about me, I never thought that the roles would be reversed.

"You're going to be okay." I repeat the words I've been told a thousand times before but I actually believed them, I believed Jack was going to be fine, is this how people felt when talking to me and them words slipped through their lips?

Jack opened the door and trying to smile at me like he usually does but instead he started crying again. Instead of trying to say anything because I knew it wouldn't help, instead I did what I liked done to me and wrapped my arms around him. Right now I was just going to make him feel safe and loved. I was just going to let him know he's not alone. I was just going to let him know that I care.

"I'm sorry." He sniffed, "You have your own problems you shouldn't have to deal with me being upset on top of that."

"Shut up." I say in the kindest way possible, "I want to because I love you."

"You don't need this."

"And you don't deserve to feel like this." I stay pulling Jack closer to me, Jack shouldn't feel guilty he's not in a good place right now, I want to help him it don't matter what problems I'm having Jack's are just as important, "You deserve all the happiness in the world."

"It's nothing."

"Come on." I stop hugging Jack but take his hand, "We're going to go back to my room and talk about how you're feeling, then we are going to work on making you feel better."

"You shouldn't have to do this." Jack wipes his eyes with the hand that wasn't in mine, "This is something I usually deal with myself."

"I want to help you so stop feeling guilty and let me help."

"Do you know how hypocritical you sound?" Jack giggled, I pushed him down on my bed once we got in my room.

"Yes but it don't matter your my boyfriend and I'm worried about you." I sit down next to Jack and put my arm around him, "So I'm going to sit here until you tell me what's wrong then we are going to work out either how to fix it or how I can make you feel better. Then we are going to do that."

"I'm just sad."

"Why?"

"Nothing happens." Jack shrugged, "Just got random anxiety but I'm feeling a little better now."

I raise my eyebrow at him, I believe the random anxiety because most of my anxieties are random but the fact he's feeling better now seems like a lie just to get to stop worrying. I'm not going to stop worrying. I care about Jack. If Rian and Zack where upset I would care about them and be worried too.

"Jack. Baby. I love you." I kiss him on the cheek, "Tell me what's wrong."

"Honestly it's nothing." Jack pressed his lips to my cheek, "Can we just cuddle and go to sleep please?"

"We haven't worked out what would make you feel better yet."

"Cuddling and going to sleep." I want to argue but if that's what Jack wants then I'm going to give it to him, "Please."

"Fine but we are going to talk about this more later."

Authors note

I just got out the shower and realised I forgot to post this. Anyway I have therapy soon and I'm going to see as it is Friday and all time low Saturday. Work sucks.

Anyway do you think Jack was lying? Also I've been leading up to some very important things so take a guess at what they are.

Hugs, kisses and peace ✌🏻