|CHAPTER 5|

|Bryson|

"Alpha Bryson, I found her. I have Everett." I hear a male voice and then I hear a female voice whisper, "Bryson is it you? Are you real?"  

That was Everett's voice. I'd know it any where. "Where are you? Tell me where you are?" I almost yell, running down the stairs. 

Everyone looks at me and runs out after.  I'm on the verge of shifting. My wolf clawing to get to his mate. 

"We are outside of the pack grounds Sir," I recognize the voice as Jackson. 

"I'll be there in a couple minutes. Stay where you are!" I use my Alpha command to make my order clear to him. I don't know how effective it will be over a phone but I'm too desperate to think about anything other than getting to my mate. 

"Wait Sir..." I don't let him finish I hang up the phone, dropping it the ground not caring. 

I run outside shifting and running. I barely hear Logan yelling my name and wondering what I'm doing. He runs up beside me now in wolf form. 

Bryson what's going on? Logan asks through the mind link. 

Everett, is all I can say and I'm running faster.  

Logan doesn't reply but just runs faster to keep up with me. Everett, is it really you? Please let this be you.

I don't know if I or Logan can take it if it's not you. We'll crumple and another part of us will wither away with false hope of ever seeing you again. Please be there. Please my mate. Please almighty Moon Goddess let Everett be there. 

The couple of minutes it would have taken to get to the outskirts of pack land seemed to take hours. Each second more like a minute. Each minute an hour. I'm panting despite being able to run hours without tiring. My heart beats out of my chest, my breathing uneven with worry. With anticipation. 

We reach the clearing and I transform. Logan is right behind and throws me a pair of gym shorts that I hadn't noticed he was carrying in his mouth. 

I see Jackson and Chase in the clearing. Chase is standing towards looking at us. He begins to walk towards us. I don't pay anymore attention to him. Jackson is looking towards us as well but he's standing in front of someone who is covered with a white sheet. 

"Alpha Bryson and Beta Logan please you mustn't rush over," Chase tries to begin but Logan grabs onto his shirt and pulls him farther. I don't stop walking towards the girl covered by the sheet. 

Everett is that you? I can't talk. 

"You dare, try to keep us away from my sister! You have no idea what we've been through all these years without her." Logan is on the verge of shifting. 

"I'm sorry Sir, it's just she's been through a lot and is injured," Chase says this catches my attention and I pause my walking. 

"What do you mean injured?" I growl. I hear a whimper from behind me. 

"She's been abused for years," Jackson says from behind me. 

I turn and there she is. Everett

I can't stop from gasping. I see her. She's barely able to stand up. A white sheet barely covers her naked body covered in blood and scars. A chain runs from the metal collar around her neck. She's shaking. 

Her brown hair is a tangled mess and her eyes have tears in them. Everett reaches a hand out towards me. "Bryson?"

I can't stop myself and I run to her and grab her. Wrapping her in my arms, we fall to the ground and I cradle her to me. "Everett."

She's crying and grips onto me, her fingers leaving dents into my skin. I don't mind though. I have her in my arms. Everett continues to sob and gasp for air. 

"It's alright now. I have you. You're safe. I'll keep you safe forever. I got you," I try to sooth her and run my fingers through her tangled hair. 

"Are you real?" Everett whispers.

"Yes, I'm real, I'm here," I tell her kissing the top of her head. 

I close my eyes as I feel tears roll down my cheeks and fall onto her head. My mate has returned. I won't ever let you go again my mate. Never again. 

"Everett!" Logan gasps shocked and begins running towards us. 

Everett stiffens before pushing me away and crawling backwards before her back hits a tree and she blocks her face with her arms. "Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry for whatever I did to you. Bryson save me." 

We all stand shocked unable to move or comfort her. Why did she change so much when Logan talked? Why is she scared we'll hurt her?

"Everett, it's me Logan, don't you recognize me." Logan moves closer and put a hand on her shoulder. 

She screams and pushes his hand away. Blocking her face more. "I'm sorry, I don't know you. Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry I don't know who you are."

Logan doesn't move, his shoulders shake and I know that he is silently crying. I put a hand on his shoulder but he retches it to the side and runs, shifting into his wolf and disappearing from sight. I know he needs some time alone so I don't go after him. When he returns to the pack house I'll talk to him but right now my mate needs me as she cries into her knees scared of everyone and everything. 

"Everett, it's alright," I pick her up softly and cradle her close to my body. "No one is going to hurt you." 

"I'm sorry. I don't know who that boy is. Will he hurt me?" Everett whispers. Her breathing slowing and her body relaxes. 

"No he won't. He cares for you very deeply. He would never think to hurt you in the slightest," I say. Jogging to the pack house has smoothly as I can with her in my arms. 

"Okay. Bryson are you real?" Everett asks this question again. Her hand reaches up to touch my cheek. Her hand trembles with uncertainty but I lean my cheek against her hand.

"Yes I'm real," I tell her. 

"I'm glad, I got to see you," Everett eyes close and her hand falls away from my face. Blood trickles down her chin from her mouth and her breathing becomes uneven. 

"Everett!" 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

I'm sorry this took so long to update. I don't know if I will be able to update weekly until after my exams in April. I will be trying to update as much as possible. If we reach the chapter goals in rapid time then I will try to update as soon as possible. 

I hope to see you guys in the next chapter and hope you enjoyed. Please comment and vote. 

|Weekly Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 150 reads

Number of Votes: 25 votes (in total)

Do you watch anime? If so what is your favourite series?

Have you noticed that in some words I add u's? If you did, do you know why?

What do you think will happen next in The Alpha's Lost Mate?