|CHAPTER 37|

|Bryson|

We arrive at the Western Witch Clan and are greeted by two witches. One of them has dark skin with matching dark eyes that seem to glimmer in the light of the setting sun. The other has blonde hair that is shaved close to her head. Her eyes are the palest blue that it almost blends into the whites of her eyes.

The two of them glare at us as the rest of the wolves, the vampire, and two fae come into view. I can already tell they won't be as welcoming as the Western Witch Clan was.

"We have been expecting you Alpha Bryson. Mistress doesn't like to be kept waiting." The one with black hair says before turning with the other witch and walking towards where I am guessing their leader is.

I look down at Everett who sits in my arms tense. She tries to smile up at me but I can see the slightest bit of fear that resides within. I press my lips to her forehead lightly before looking into her eyes, "Everything is going to be okay. I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know." Everett whispers and looks at the ground, "Will you put me down?"

I'm not sure how much walking she will be able to handle but I know she wants to look strong when it comes to facing these witches but her body isn't fully healed yet. Her wounds are finally beginning to close up but I can tell they still pain her as she winces when I place her down. I hold her hand, interlocking our fingers tightly.

Logan stays in his wolf form beside us and stay close to Everett's left side so that if she stumbles she can lean on him. We don't have to walk far as a cave in the side of a mountain appears. Liliana is behind us.

The cave is lit with blue flames and I assume it is one of the witch's doing as they brighten as we get closer before dimming to a small flame as we walked by. Everett grips tightly onto my fingers as we come to a fork within the tunnel. One of the witches disappears down the corridor to the left and the other leads us to the right.

We walk a couple of minutes before coming to a grand opening that goes up stories high. I can see rooms are carved out along the different levels of the opening and witches are peering over the higher ledges and down at us. A witch, I'm guessing the leader by the power that radiates from her comes from a room in front of us.

She is tall, nearly six feet tall and has antlers growing from the top of her head. She looks around 50 years old but I don't doubt that she is probably very light on her feet and could take on any of the wolves here.

"Liliana it's been a long time." She doesn't even glance at me or Everett as she stops a couple of feet away from us.

"It has Manola." Liliana doesn't seem to enthusiastic about seeing her again. I've heard that Witch Clan Leaders don't get along and is why clans are so distanced from one another. I feel a reason why Leaders don't get along with each other is because of their positions about wolves. I can tell that this Manola does not like wolves very much as she turns to look at us and glares.

"Alpha Bryson." Her voice is strong and I hold my ground and nod to her.

"Lady Manola." She's not looking at me now. She is looking at Everett. She takes a step closer and brushes her long spindly finger down Everett's cheek.

Everett flinches away and leans towards me. Logan growls deeply and I clench her tightly.

Manola rolls her eyes dramatically before waving her hand. An invisible force pulls Everett away from me and towards the witch. The same force pushes me and everyone else away from them. A bubble like form surrounds Manola and Everett who now stares shocked at us from the other side of the bubble.