|CHAPTER 31|

Bryson

The warriors are standing outside ready to leave once Everett and I are ready. I nod to them all and bring Everett over to my parents and her own where they stand off to the side. They take one look at Everett's exposed neck and smile proudly.

"Now Bryson, I shouldn't have to tell you what will happen if you hurt my daughter." Michael jokingly says and brings me into a hug. Emily is hugging Everett tightly and smiling, tears in her eyes.

Marking your mate is a big deal for werewolves. It shows the claim that we have on each other and once Everett gains more werewolf strength and attributes she will be able to mark me. Marking also shows the first steps of mates completing the mating process. For an Alpha and Luna, marking shows how strong their bond is growing and how they intend to go through with the mating process. Obviously, the mating process leads to other things such as pups. I know for Everett and I, this won't be for a while but I am happy that it is a possibility in the future.

"Well done, Son." Dad pats me on the shoulder before moving to give Everett a hug.

I turn away and prepare the warriors for our journey. Many are already shifting, having said goodbye to their loved ones that stand in the yard. Jamie and Alexander are in their human forms, talking softly. Jamie will be staying here as she needs to finish healing and I need her here to lead the warriors through fighting drills and to defend the pack should rogues attack in the absence of the Alpha and Luna. Alexander must come with us to help calm any wolves and situations that may arise. He is a key asset to us succeeding in negotiating with the wolf packs and witch clans that we will be visiting.

"You take care of Bryson while your gone." Mom says sincerely to Everett as she pulls her from another hug.

"I will Luna Charlotte." Everett smiles up at her before turning to look at me.

"How many times do I have to tell you to just call be Charlotte?" Mom asks lovingly.

"Until it finally sticks." Everett laughs and runs to me. I shift and she climbs onto my back with ease. The duffle bag I packed is around her shoulder. "We'll see you in a couple of weeks." I can see as I turn my head to look at my mate that she is waving at our parents and at the other members. "Take care of yourselves while we are gone."

I huff at everyone in reply and stand tall. Loving the feeling of my power coursing through me and over the rest of my pack, showing my dominance. The remaining warriors joining us on our expedition shift and stand behind me. Logan stands beside me and nudges Everett's hand with his snout before nodding his head in my direction.

I lift my head and howl before taking off into the woods and towards the west where the River Side Pack, the Mountain View Pack, and the Western Witch clans are.

>>><><<<

We arrive at the River Side close to supper time. The witches flew above us during our journey keeping an eye out for any rogues that would cross our path. Luckily we never met any and we were able to make good time. Everett was on my back once again and had fallen asleep a little while ago, her warm breath grazes the hair on the back of my wolf's neck, making us shiver in delight.

Wolves of the River Side Pack are standing at their borders when we arrive. I nod to them and they lead us to the pack house. Once we reach the clearing, Logan shifts and lifts Everett off of my back, making sure she doesn't wake up. I shift putting on shorts before taking her back into my arms.

Alpha Nate and Luna Danielle are waiting outside the pack house for us. Alpha Nate is older then I but about ten years. He has black hair that is cut close to his head, his eyes are a deep brown that can stare any wolf down. He is a powerful Alpha and I am glad to have him as an ally. Luna Danielle is the opposite of her mate. She is small and curvy, her hair a bright natural blonde that floats around her in waves. "Hello Alpha Nate, do you have a room I can borrow so I can wake up my mate? She won't want to miss our meeting."