|CHAPTER 29|

|Everett|

"Can I play with your hair Everett?" Alice asks me as she sits beside me on my bed. Bryson had made me breakfast in bed before his meeting and I was tasked to watch Justin and Alice while Logan and Bryson were at the meeting with the witches. I don't mind watching them while we wait for the meeting to end, I like Justin and Alice. They're adorable and extremely nice.

"Sure." I smile and scoot up from the my spot against the back board and let Alice kneel behind me so she can play with my hair.

Alice starts by running her fingers through my hair to comb out the snarls. It feels amazing and I can feel myself relaxing more then I have in the last couple of days just from her combing my hair.

"Justin, can you go in the bathroom and see if there are any hair ties?" Alice asks her mate. I can imagine her having a small pout on her lips and her eyes wide.

"I can go look." Justin says and he hops off of the bed and runs to the bathroom. He comes out with a comb that I recognize as one that Bryson uses to comb my hair, and a handful of hair ties that are all different colours and sizes.

"Thank you Justin." Alice cheers and begins to comb my hair with the comb before starting to tug on it gently and arranging it to her pleasing after Justin joins us back on the bed. The television in our room is on and is playing a cartoon that Justin soon becomes engrossed with.

"My mommy used to let me play with her hair all of the time." Alice whispers sadly as she continues to weave my hair into an intricate pattern.

"You must miss your mommy and daddy very much." I whisper back sadly. Both Alice and Justin lost their parents after the Blood Moon Pack attacked their pack. They were the only two child survivors of the pack. Justin was the son of the alpha. Maybe one day he will want to re-establish his previous pack or maybe his wolf and him will be able to integrate and be successful members of this pack.

"I do very much. I also miss Justin's mommy and daddy, the Alpha and Luna. They were very nice people. They remind me of Grandma Emily and Grandpa Michael." Alice says. "I'm happy we were brought to this pack. Despite how sad the beginning was, Justin and I are together still and we have a lot of new friends and family." I can hear the smile in her voice.

"I'm sure your mommy and daddy are happy you ended up here too." I reassure her.

Justin doesn't say anything during this but I can feel his stares on me and Alice. I'm sure he has felt a great deal of happiness and sadness from being here. I just hope that neither of them feel guilty for being happy after what happened to their pack. They both deserve to be happy little kids again.

After Alice finishes my hair, she leads me to the bathroom to look at it. It is amazing. She has woven my hair into a braid that falls down the centre of my back. It was impressive for a seven year old. "It looks amazing Alice. Thank you for doing it for me."

Alice blushes and nods her head before running back to the bed and sitting next to her mate. Leaning her head on his shoulder. I see her eyes begin to droop as I lay against the head board. A yawn escapes Justin mouth and I see him close his eyes and his head fall to the side against Alice's. I turn the television off and lay down myself and close my eyes and before I know it I am asleep.

>>><><<<

"Justin has been having nightmares a lot of the nights and Alice always comforts him." Logan tells me as I sit at the kitchen table eating some tomato soup. I had woken up and wondered downstairs to find Logan and Bryson at the kitchen table eating. Justin and Alice were still sleeping in our bed and I decided to not wake them up.