|CHAPTER 21|

|Bryson|

I leave Everett with Emily and head outside to greet other pack members. Everyone smiles as I walk past and I greet everyone with a smile in return. I see all the pack warriors in the open span of the yard that has been marked off with tape for the football that will take place after dinner.

I walk over to the warriors. Logan is there already chatting away with everyone, his make shift jersey splayed across his pack, marking him as an unmated wolf. All the mated males are shirtless as their mates will be wearing their jersey as they watch.

"Alpha, you will be joining us won't you?" Eric, a newly mated wolf asks as I reach them. His mate is already wearing his jersey and chatting with another group of females.

"More then likely. But if my mate needs me I will have to decline." I say sternly.

"Of course, Alpha. The Luna must be tired from the journey she's been though." Eric says and Logan walks over after hearing us discussing Everett.

"Yes but she is strong. I bet she wouldn't mind watching. Jamie said she was going to sit with her." Logan then looks smugly and winks Eric. "Even with Alpha here, we are still going to beat you guys."

"Oh yeah." I say a smirk growing on my face. When Logan and I were younger we would always play fight. I feel the urge growing in my legs and back to lunge and tackle him. I bend my knees slightly and I can already see Logan reacting and smirking a cocky grin. "Let's see about that."

I lunge first and tackle Logan. He knocks me off of him and jumps up. The warriors begin cheering and take a couple steps back.

"It's been a while since we last fought. Let's give them a show shall we?" Logan says and takes his shirt off before shifting into his wolf.

Logan's fur is light brown in colour and his stature is bigger then most wolves in the pack. All of them but me. Logan's shoulders and chest are broad and he stands proudly as the pack looks upon us. He knows he is a sight to see and will allow everyone to see him. I smirk and remove my shirt and shift. My wolf is taller and broader then Logan's. Being the Alpha gives me an advantage. No one dares to challenge me. This isn't a real fight. Logan would never dare challenge me. This is for fun.

I growl playfully and snap my teeth. Logan returns the gesture before lunging at me. We fight biting and scratching each other but not enough to make the other one bleed. We continue this until our names are yelled from the house.

Emily looks slightly frantic. "Bryson, Logan, come inside now!" She doesn't look at us twice before returning inside. She would never refer to us by only our names in front of the pack unless it was an emergency. I quickly shift accepting the pants that a pack member offered and rush inside.

"Everyone, continue on with your evening. I will return shortly to discuss what has happened." I don't listen to any of the pack members as I rush inside, Logan not far behind.

Everett is sitting at the kitchen table her head in her hands. She looks up at me and smiles a hundred watt smile. She gets up and runs to me. She wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes tightly before repeating the gesture with Logan.

"What is going on?" I ask and hold her at arms length. She is basically buzzing with excitement and can't stand still.

"I remembered something." She grins and looks between me and Logan who are looking at her shocked.