|CHAPTER 8|

|Everett|

Bryson isn't in the room when I wake up. Where is he? I sit up and wrap the blanket around my self clutching it to myself. I can't control my breathing as it picks up and I pull the needles out of my arm and get up. I move from the bed and land place my feet on the ground. It's cold and reminds me of the dark room back at Sir's. 

Memories flash in my mind and I try to run but my legs collapse from under neath me and I fall to the ground the blanket still wrapped around me. 

I don't have the strength to stand up. I try to get up but my legs are shaking too much. I hear talking now outside the room and fear explodes through me. I drag myself to the corner and hide my head in my hands as tears begin to fill my eyes. 

Are the people outside going to come in and attack me? Are they going to take me away? I don't want to be taken. I want to stay with Bryson. Please go away. 

Memories of the men that Sir let have their ways with me flashes in my mind. The feeling of my skin tearing and ripping, blood dripping down my body, Wolves Bane in my veins. Burning pain. I scream as the pain and fear consumes me. 

The door burst open and Bryson and another man, the man from clearing comes bursting in. I notice he has the same green eyes and dark brown hair that I do. I scream as the man comes towards me and I clutch my hands over my head. "Please don't come near me. Please don't hurt me."

The man growls and turns away, his hands clutched at his sides. I whimper, is he going to hurt me?

Bryson rushes over and brings me into his lap as he sits in the corner where I was. "Hey, hey. It's okay, he isn't going to hurt me."

"Where did you go?" I whimper and nuzzle into his chest, trying to hide from the man.

"I'm sorry I left, I was talking to Logan." Bryson moves and lifts me up and walks back to the bed. "I want you to meet Logan. He's your twin brother." 

The man that had come in with Bryson turns and walks slowly towards the bed his hand now calmly at his sides. His eyes are red and he looks super tired. His dark brown hair is mess at the top of his head. 

"Hi Everett," he whispers and I see his eyes fill up with tears. "My name's Logan and I'm your twin brother." Logan's voice cracks and tears stream down his face. He doesn't look at me but the ground. I look at Bryson and he nods encouragingly. 

I reach over and grab Logan's hand. He looks shocked but grips my hand gently and brings to his face, holding it close. 

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you," I whisper. I can't help but look away. Will he get mad? 

"No don't apologize you have nothing to apologize for," Logan says. 

Logan just stands there and continues to hold my hand close to him. I continue to just let him hold onto me. If he really is my brother than I need to be able to be comfortable. It's going to be difficult but I know the pain he is going through being possibly my twin brother and having me not remember him is greater than the discomfort I feel. 

Bryson walks over to Logan and puts his hand on his shoulder and I see him squeeze his shoulder. Logan just smiles sadly and gives my hand one more squeeze before letting me go. 

"I'll let you rest Everett. I'll come back to visit later. Maybe with Mom and Dad, they would really like to see you," Logan says before turning around and walking away only after smiling at me. 

"I'll see you later," I whisper and smile when he quickly turns around and stares at me in shock before nodding and leaving. 

Bryson and I just stay in silence for a couple of minutes, Bryson holding me close. "I'm so proud of you. You've done so well."

I don't reply and just look at my hands in my lap. My back is burning. 

Bryson lifts my chin up, forcing me to look him at him in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I- I feel bad. Everyone is sad and I'm the cause of it. I can't remember anything other than you. Everyone is going to - to be angry with me," I say and I can't help my cry. I lift my hands up to me face and brush the skin of my neck shockingly. "My collar, it's off."

"Of course we took it off when you were unconscious. You are my mate and the Luna of this pack. You will not wear the collar of a slave," Bryson says and brushes my neck. I bet the skin is scarred and ugly. His fingers cause tingles to span across my neck and I can't help but close my eyes and bath in the comfort. "And never say your family is angry. No one is going to be angry at you. They were a lot more sad when you weren't here. Everyone is so happy that you are safe and sound and alive." 

"Really?" I look Bryson in the eye and touch his cheek lightly as a tear runs down his cheek.

"Yes. Everyone is so happy you are home. Yes they are upset that you don't remember them but hopefully once you recover and begin to experience life here you will remember everyone," Bryson says and leans down to kiss me on the forehead. 

I bathe in the feeling of his soft lips on my forehead. I bathe in the light and warmth that he provides with his mere presence. He wards away the darkness that clings to me and threatens to take me away. 

"I won't let anything hurt you ever again Everett," Bryson says hugging me close and lays down in the hospital bed with me and pulls me close, careful of my wounds. "I'll protect you with my life. I'll follow you anywhere."

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter of The Alpha's Lost Mate. We reached 200 reads and that makes me ecstatic. I'm happy that my writing is reaching the people that are reading. So thanks again for reading.

Please comment, vote, follow, and share. I'll see you in the next update.

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 210 reads

Number of Votes (in total): 30 votes 

Do you guys use aromatherapy? If you do, what is you're favourite scent?

My reply: My favourite is tied between two Bath and Body Works aromatherapy scents. The first is Energy (orange and ginger) the second is Comfort (vanilla and patchouli)

Who is your favourite character so far?