|CHAPTER 16|

|Everett|

Morgana peaks my interest but she also scares me. She is incredibly skinny and tall. Her facial features delicate yet sharp. Her hair is the most beautiful blue and made up of the most beautiful curls that stretch to the ground. Her cloak spreads out behind her as she walks slightly in front of us. Her ghostly blue eyes are both incredibly beautiful but equally haunting. 

"Thank you for saving me, Miss. Morgana." I tell her from where I am perched piggy back on Bryson. "Thank you for healing my brother too."

"You are more then welcome, Everett. I have known my duty to you for many years. Our Seer Witch Lyssa is very talented." Morgana seems to swell with pride as she talks about the witches in her clan.

"If you knew about Everett, why didn't you save her from the Blood Moon Pack," Bryson growls and his muscles tighten beneath me. "Why did you let that monster Archer do those things to her? Why didn't you contact my pack and tell us where she was?"

I hug Bryson's neck tightly and bury my nose into his neck hoping my closeness will comfort him. He is breathing hard and I see his jaw is clenched. I place my hand on his cheek and turn him towards me. I place my forehead on his and close my eyes.

"It's okay. I'm here now."

Bryson takes a shaky breath and kisses my forehead before turning back to Morgana. His breathing is still heavy and his shoulders shake slightly.

"That is not for me to discuss, Wolf. You will discuss that with Liliana, our Clan Leader, and with Lyssa about why we did not act. I would like to say though, I am sorry to the both of you and your pack for what occurred." Morgana doesn't look back at us and continues to walk.

We don't talk any more and I just watch Morgana as she walks ahead of us. The nature around us seems to move out of the way as Morgana nears it before resuming into it's original spot. The idea of magic has been fascinating me since the moment Bryson told me about witches. Bryson told me that witches draw their power from the land they claim as their clan lands, much like how an Alpha has power over the wolves within his pack lands. I wonder if they will be able to help us if they are off their land. I hope they can.

>>><><<<

I must of fallen asleep because Bryson is sitting on a bed next to me, gently smiling down at me with the same smile that makes my heart jump every time I see it. I smile back and sit up with Bryson's help. The wounds on my back have healed up since being with Bryson but they are still there and prominent. Even with my werewolf healing beginning to take effect they will take a while to heal and will most definitely scar. The thought makes me sad as I stare down at my scarred arms.

"Hey, what's wrong Little One?" Bryson lifts my chin up and stares me in the eyes.

"I was just thinking about my scars. They probably will never fade. They make me ugly and remind me of what he did." Tears run down my cheeks and Bryson kisses them away.

"Everett, listen to me. You are beautiful. You are not ugly and don't ever think that you are. Your scars will probably never fade but they do not make you ugly. I love you for who you are and my love doesn't depend on whether or not you have scars or not." Bryson kisses my forehead before hugging me close.

I nod against his chest unable to speak as emotions overwhelm me. Sparks spread over my skin as I touch Bryson and I bathe in them. They comfort me and warm me from the inside. I've only been with Bryson for a week now but I can't imagine my life without him.