|CHAPTER 36|

|Everett|

Bryson comes out of the bathroom and growls instantly when he takes in the scent of Artie. "Why was Artie in here?" Bryson doesn't even change and just walks to me and grabs me.

I put my hands on his cheeks and force him to look me in the eyes. His eyes flash dark and I know he is fighting his wolf for control. "Bryson, I'm fine. He came in here to tell me that he does not mean to scare me. He also told me he is Isabella's mate."

Bryson closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He digs his face into my neck and kisses me lightly. I know he is breathing in my scent to calm himself and his wolf. "I'm sorry. I just caught his scent in the room and it made my wolf go crazy. I was imagining what those vampires did to you when you were gone."

"I understand. You don't need to apologize." I whisper and kiss his cheek. "I'm safe when I'm with you."

Bryson holds me tight for a couple of minutes before grabbing some clothes from our duffle bag and goes back into the bathroom to change. I pull out one of Bryson's sweaters and pull it over me. I breath in his sent and wait for him to exit the bathroom.

Bryson smiles at me softly when he sees me in his sweater. "Were you a little cold?"

I nod softly and wrap my arms around him. "I like being surrounded by your scent. It comforts me." Heat raises in my cheeks when I tell him this.

"That's natural for wolves. We are drawn to our mates scent. That is how we first identify our mates." Bryson explains to me.

"Do you remember when you first met me?" I ask him. Bryson is three years older, so there is a chance that he might remember the first time he saw me.

"I do. As clear as day. I remember, I was extremely attached to Emily for some reason throughout her pregnancy with you and Logan. I always wanted to be near her and to touch her belly. I think your dad was a bit jealous because I never wanted him to touch your mom. When your mom went to labor, I stayed in the hospital wing with Mom and Dad." Bryson holds me close as he tells the story and he has a big grin on his face. "I remember the second you were born. I wasn't in the room but I remember your scent filled the hair and I heard you crying your little heart out. My parents and I were allowed in shortly after and I instantly ran to your bassinet. You were whimpering a little bit but the second I reached my hand in, you grabbed my finger and opened your eyes. Everyone was shocked. They thought maybe the reason for my connection to Emily was because Logan would be my Beta but they never guessed you would be my mate. It is rare for mates to find each other so young."

"I'm surprised you remember all of that." I say softly and lean my head against his shoulder. We need to leave soon to go to the meeting with Alpha Johnson but I don't want to move.

"Of course I remember. It was the day I met the person I will hold dearest in my life." Bryson doesn't make a move to get up from our spot.

"You're going to make me cry." I whisper and wipe my eyes as they begin to water.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you how precious you are to me." Bryson says and kisses me lightly. I kiss him back deeply and drag my hands through his hair.

Bryson pulls back breathing deeply, pressing his forehead against mine and running his thumbs over my cheeks. "We need to go to that meeting now."

I nod and wrap my arm around his when he holds it out for me.

Logan is with Alpha Johnson in his office when we get there. They had already discussed about why we needed to go to the Eastern Witch Clans and how dangerous Archer is going to be if we don't get as many allies as possible.