|CHAPTER 22|

|Everett|

I stand behind Bryson, clutching his hand with my one hand and his arm with the other. I peek around his arm to the people that are unloading their bags out of the car in the pack's drive way. I feel a sense of familiarity as I look at them. Bryson's hair is a combination of the women's and the man's. Bryson's blue eyes are identical to the women's as they turn to look at us. The man looks like an older version of Bryson with the beginnings of grey hair forming in his hair and beard.

I move to stand slightly beside Bryson instead of directly behind. My heart pounds against my ribs and I have to force myself to remain calm and stay by Bryson's side and not to run away. I know the pain that these two people went through because of my disappearance and it is my duty as Luna now to relieve them of that pain.

Bryson squeezes my hand before greeting his parents. "Welcome home Mom and Dad."

Bryson's parent's eyes widen when they take in my figure. I clutch Bryson's hand tightly. They stare at me silently for a couple of moments, shock evident on their faces.

"Who is that behind you Bryson?"

I move and let go of Bryson's hand and arm. I take a deep breath and don't let myself dwell on the negative thoughts that are floating at the edge of my mind. I need to help Bryson's parents to heal. I walk up to them and smile as genuine as possible.

"Welcome home Alpha and Luna." They might've stepped down from their position as Alpha and Luna but they were still my Alpha and Luna and would always be.

"Everett?" Luna asks and I nod and I feel my eyes tear up.

A sob escapes her lips followed closely by my own as she runs to hug me. Her grip is tight and sincere. I feel the love in her hug and I bathe in it. The amount of love I have felt since returning to this pack is so amazing that I will do anything to keep this pack safe and out of harms way. I peek over her shoulder and smile at the Alpha. He has tears in his eyes and I step away from Luna and walk towards him.

"Welcome home Alpha," I smile up at him. His eyes widen as he takes me in before a tear slips down his cheek.

"Welcome home Everett," he choked out before hugging me against his chest. He is warm and shakes slightly against me as he holds onto me tightly. I want to treasure this moment. I want to treasure the moment that allows for all of us to heal. I want to remember this day for the rest of my life. I think all of us will remember this for the rest of our lives.

>>><><<<

After all the chaos with the return of the Alpha and Luna died down, Bryson, myself, and the Alpha and Luna all sit in the vacant living room together.

"How did you return to the pack? Where were you all these years?" The Alpha asks urgently.

I look at Bryson, silently asking him to answer their questions for me. Bryson holds onto my hand tightly before kissing my knuckles gently and turning to his parents.

"Mom, Dad. This is going to be hard to take in. I need you to remain calm for me and Everett. She still doesn't like talking about it a lot. It brings back a lot of memories." Bryson warns them. After a nod of affirmation Bryson continues. "Everett was taken by the Blood Moon Pack where she was held in room that was all concrete with no bed and no windows. She was forced to stay in there and follow the orders that Alpha Archer told her. She was tortured and raped. They used silver and wolfsbane to prolong her healing and make it impossible to contact her wold. We are unsure if she will ever be able to contact her wolf again."