|CHAPTER 20|

|Everett|

We arrive back at the pack house a couple days later and I can whole heartedly say I am happy to be back. My whole body aches and I just want to lay down in Bryson's bed and sleep for days. I snuggle into his back as he carried me in wolf form. He rumbles lightly and it spreads warmth throughout my body.

"Are we almost there?" I whisper into his ear as he continues to jog. The group of wolves had slowed their pace a while ago to a comfortable jog. Bryson nods his wolf head and howls loudly. I hear a howl in the distance and then the sound of running. Wolves come running to use and they all jump around us happily and bow their heads to Bryson and I ever so slightly before running to greet other pack members.

The witches that are accompany us stay back and allow us to interact with the wolves. Luckily Bryson was able to send a scout ahead to warn the other members that witches would be staying with us for the days that we will be staying at the pack house.

I smile and wave at a couple that stay close and look at me. Bryson walks and I see the pack house come into view. I smile as I see Mom and Dad with Alice and Justin. Bryson leans down and allows me to get off of him.

"Welcome home." Mom says and hugs me tightly along with Dad.

"Thank you." I say and hug them back. I hear shifting behind me and I know Bryson has transformed and is shifting pants on quickly.

"Are Mom and Dad home yet?" Bryson asks Dad as he shakes his hand and kisses my Mom's cheeks. Logan does the same but receives big hugs from both of them.

"No. You father called me and said that they would be arriving in a couple of hours." Dad says.

I turn to Alice and Justin and kneel in front of them. They both smile and give me a bug hug. "How have you two been since I was away?"

"Good we have been staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They give us candy after dinner. But don't tell them we told you. It's supposed to be a secret because Uncle Logan will get mad because it is supposed to be his candy." Alice whispers in my year and Justin smiles widely in agreeance.

I smile and hold out my pinky. "I promise I won't tell." They both pinky promise me before moving to hug Bryson and Logan. Bryson smiles at them softly and rubs their hair as they run off to play with the other pack kids.

"Did I see a pinky promise being initiated over here?" Bryson whispers into my ear hugging me close.

"Yep." I can't help but smile and continue to look as Justin shifts and Alice plays with him in the yard among with the other kids.

"What was the promise?" Bryson asks turning me around to face him.

"I can't tell you that. It's a secret." I am completely serious and even puff out my chest to show that I won't tell him. Bryson laughs and kisses my forehead gently, dropping the conversation for now. He brings me inside and upstairs to our bedroom.

"Your mom and dad planned a barbecue with the whole pack to welcome my mom and dad home. Will you be alright being around everyone?" Bryson asks me after setting me on the bed and going into the closet.

"I think so. I really want to meet more people. I want to try and remember some of my time here before he took me."

Bryson looks at me sadly before walking over to me and placing his forehead against mine. "Don't worry about that know. Just worry about getting better. I know your memories will return to you at some point." I nod and Bryson goes back into the closet to grab towels. "I think we both need showers. We kind of stink."