|CHAPTER 35|

|Everett|

We leave the River Side Pack and head to the Mountain View Pack. The two Fae girls fly above us with the witches. They are close to each other and fly in synchronicity. The vampire, Artie, runs closely behind Logan and I still feel uneasy around him. Sir used to bring vampires to my room and allowed them to drain me until I fainted from blood loss. He did this multiple times a week as punishment for my bad behaviour.

I now know that what he was punishing me for was what normal people in that situation would have done.

I hold onto Bryson harder and dig my face into the fur at the nape of his neck. He rumbles deeply, comforting me after he notices my slight discomfort. I rub along his neck in a gentle thanks and he runs a little faster, putting a little bit of distance between us and Artie.

We come up to a lake and Bryson shifts, followed by everyone else. "We will rest here for a little bit. Guards, run a perimeter and watch for any rogues." The guards are made up of our best fighters and trackers. They were trained to develop a good endurance and strength. None of them looked remotely tired.

I sit close to Bryson, interlocking our fingers and our backs pressed against a tree. Bryson kisses my hand ever so often, warming me up from the inside out. "Something's bothering you."

I shake my head but I can't help but look at Pia, Tia, and Artie. I shift closer to Bryson, wanting his warmth.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what's bothering you." Bryson says and leans his head against mine and stares out at his pack members.

"Artie, the vampire, make me a little uncomfortable. Sir would have vampires occasionally come in and as punishment he would have them drain me until I nearly died. Knowing he is a vampire just makes me uneasy and has memories coming back up that I have tried to keep hidden." I whisper. I don't want anyone to hear us.

"I don't want you to hide those memories. I know they hurt you but I need you to tell me when you are uncomfortable so that we can get past them and move on with our lives once all this is over." Bryson says and looks me in the eye.

Tears come to my eyes and I nod before burying my face into his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too Little One." Bryson whispers and kisses my head softly. "I'll have Logan stay close to us and keep Artie at a distance. But I need to be able to keep an eye on him, for the safety of the pack and you. Do you understand where I'm coming from?"

I nod against his chest and hold onto him tightly. "I understand. I don't want to judge him because he is a vampire but the memories are making me a little scared. I promise to try and relax."

"You don't need to worry Little One. I will protect you. Forever." Bryson whispers and pulls me impossibly closer.

"Thank you." I say and kiss him lightly.

"You're welcome Little One." Bryson says and kisses me lightly in return.

There is no where else I would want to be in this moment then in Bryson's arms.

>>><><<<

We arrive at the Mountain View Pack a couple of hours later. The Alpha and Luna are waiting for us when we arrive. They're older than Bryson and I, probably in their thirties. They have beautiful dark skin, hair, and eyes. The Alpha was tall standing easily at six foot 6 inches while the women was about a foot shorter. She was beautiful with thick curves and wavy hair falling to her waist.