|CHAPTER 14|

|Everett|

Bryson and everyone else have been running for hours. Logan always stays close making sure I'm alright and not falling off of Bryson. I'm sure Logan and Bryson are both worried about my safety greatly due to the circumstances.

When the sun begins to set the wolves stop running and scout the area for any damage. Some remain in wolf form and continue to check for any dangers and begin to hunt for our dinner.

Logan shifts first and put on shorts before helping me off of Bryson, who shifts and quickly puts on shorts as well. Bryson takes me into his arms and bring me to a tree. He wraps a spare blanket around me.

"Thank you." I whisper and wrap myself tighter with the blanket. It has gotten colder as night nears.

Bryson doesn't say anything but just kisses my forehead before turning back to the warriors. "Jamie, Alexander would you stay with Everett, please?"

"Of course Alpha." They both bow and make there way towards me slowly. Jamie smiles encouragingly at me and sits down next to me. "My name's Jamie, this is my mate Alexander. It is very nice to meet you Luna."

I smile. "It's nice to meet you too."

Jamie and Alexander are very nice. Jamie tells me how she came from a pack that was not nice to her and that Alexander rescued her. She tells me that she has scars much like me but that once she was welcomed into this pack everything has been perfect.

"If you don't mind me saying Alexander, you don't look the warrior type." I whisper and shrink away right away scared that I offended him. But all he does is chuckle.

"I get that a lot. I'm not actually a warrior." Alexander says and I look questioning at them both.

"Alexander has exceptional control over his wolf, so Alpha Bryson took it upon himself to have Alexander train every wolf in the pack how to have better control over situations. He always brings Alexander on missions like these to help him stay calm. Alpha Bryson has had troubles controlling his wolf for a while and sometimes needs Alexander to help him. It takes a lot for an Alpha to ask for help but Alpha Bryson really appreciated everything that Alexander does for him." Jamie explains.

"Is the reason Bryson has trouble controlling his wolf because of me?" I ask shyly looking at the ground.

"When a wolf is far away from his or her mate for long periods of time the human begins to lose control of the wolf's primal instinct to find a mate. If a wolf was to lose his or her mate, they usually don't recover. They would either die or go feral. The human would cease to have control and the wolf would go on a rampage." Alexander looks serious and doesn't let his eyes leave mine. He's saying it is my fault that Bryson has lost control.

"Did that ever happen to Bryson?" I ask, worry eating at my heart.

There silence answers my question. Bryson lost control of his wolf because I wasn't there. Tears escape my eyes and I cry into the blanket. I hear Bryson run up from wherever he was. He wraps his arms around me.

"What happened?" Bryson asks as I continue to cry into his chest.

"We were talking and the Luna got upset." Jamie says.

"Thanks for staying with her." Bryson says and starts to walk away from the clearing that all the wolves are in. He brings us into the woods to be alone.