|CHAPTER 39|

|Everett|

Logan goes to bed exhausted after the ordeal with his wolf and discussing more with Manola about the issue of rescuing the girls and Ella. Now knowing she will be my sister in law and the importance she has for the relations between the werewolves and witches makes me panic a bit because I know Archer and he will do anything to make me his including killing those close to me and those who will lessen his changes of winning. In his head I know he thinks that he is going to win but I can't let that happen. Those girls he has taken because I was rescued, they all have a family like I do and a mate that loves them dearly. I can't let Archer take those girls away from their family.

I can't let Archer ruin those girls like he ruined me. I can only hope that Ella will be able to help us with her projection.

Bryson and I retire to the room the witches provide us and I sit on the bed my hands crossed in my lap. I can't really begin to comprehend the pain and suffering that we are all going to face especially Logan. If we are unable to rescue Ella before Archer kills her I don't know what Logan will do.

The insanity that I saw in his wolf today was only the fact that he knew his mate was in danger. I don't know what he will do if his mate is killed. Logan could lose all of his humanity. He would no longer be a human. He would be a feral wolf and I know what Bryson would have to do.

"Bryson, if Ella dies," I can't bring myself to finish the question.

"You know what I would have to do Everett." Bryson whispers as he sits next to me.

"But he's my brother, your best friend." I tremble as I turn towards him and silently plead for him not to reply. But he does.

"Everett, I have a responsibility to the pack and other packs around us. And I have a responsibility to Logan. I know he wouldn't want to be a feral wolf. He wouldn't want to hurt anyone especially his family and pack. He wouldn't want to be chained up either in the cells. I know none of us would want to see him like that either. If Ella were ever to die, I know Logan will want to join her and the mood goddess. We might be sad that Logan would be gone, but I know he would happy to not hurt anyone and be with his mate." Bryson chokes up at the end and he looks at me teary eyed before pulling me close. "I know I would want Logan to do the same for me."

"No Bryson!" I gasp and look at him. "You can't. Your mom and dad, all the pack members. They all love you so much!"

"Everett, I lost you once. If I lost you again, I know me and my wolf would not be able to handle it." A tear falls down Bryson's cheek and I wipe if off. "I'm scared Everett."

"I'm scared too," I whisper and pull him close before crying into his neck letting out all the emotions that were pent up inside of me. I feel Bryson's wet tears fall onto my neck and his shoulders shake with silent sobs. My shoulders shake as well with tears as I sob loudly into the crook of his neck.

I can't hold back all my emotions. The anger I have for Archer after all the torture he put me through and for kidnapping and torturing all those girls. The pain I feel from the scars along my body and on my mind. The fear I feel about losing Logan or losing Bryson in the up coming battles. The fear that Ella will die.

Bryson and I stay holding each other as we sit on the bed trying to find comfort in each other's warmth. The thrum of our mate bond travels throughout my mate bond. Bryson kisses my mate mark softly before presses his forehead to mine. I stare into his beautiful eyes before smiling softly and kissing him.

"I'll protect you with my life, I promise." Bryson whispers and rubs his thumb along my cheek.

"As long as you protect yourself as well. My life would be incomplete if you were to die." I whisper and kiss him deeply.