|CHAPTER 24|

|Everett|

She growls and takes a step closer. "Yes, by leaving."

"I don't understand what is happening," I say. Confusion clouds my mind and I clench my fists to my chest as fear accompanies this confusion. What is this girl going to do to me?

"I want you to leave this pack and go back to wherever you came from. Bryson is mine. I am going to be the Luna of this pack," Her smirk sends a flare of anger through me. Flashes of Sir smirking over me as he beat me flashes through my mind and fear over rides my anger.

I need to get away from this girl. I need to get away from this fear. I want Bryson. I want my mate. I try to walk away from her but her hand wraps around arm tightly, sharp nails digging into my skin.

"Who do you think kept Bryson company when you were gone? Who do you think comforted him in his time of need? Who do you think pleasured him when he needed some release? I did, because you weren't here. You were gone and I was there. You are nothing to him."

That isn't true. Bryson loves me. I'm his mate. I'm his... mate. Is what this girl says true? No, it can't be. I would Bryson go through all this trouble if he didn't love me. I try to get away from her but she just laughs at my pathetic attempt to get away.

"You are nothing to Bryson. Nothing. You're weak. And you never will never be anything but a little bitch and a little whore. I beat you enjoyed what those people did to you while you were gone. I bet you wish you were never saved." her words dug deeper than people will think.

"No. I don't want to go back. Don't make me go back. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. " I repeat clutching my head and sinking to the ground.

Whore, bitch, nothing, weak, useless, all these word floated into my ears and echoed into my brain. I clutched my head tighter. Why did they call me these things? What did I ever do to deserve this treatment?

Memories of my time with Sir make me cry out and pull myself into a tighter ball. I dig my nails into my scalp and rock back and forth. I am weak. I can't stand up for myself. I always have to rely on Bryson or Logan or Mom and Dad for everything. I can't even shift.

I'm back in the darkness. I'm in that cement room. The smell pungent with urine and feces and blood. I can't move as the wounds on my back are fresh and full of wolves bane. Sadness, pain, anger, fear. Those are the only emotions I feel. Bryson isn't here with me anymore. The door to the room opens and there stands Sir, a wicked smile on his face and a whip in his hand.

"Everett, Everett, little one, come on listen. It isn't real. I'm here, I'm here. I love you. Do you hear me? I love you."

Bryson. He's here.

I open my eyes and I see Bryson kneeling in front of me. "Bry," I whimper and tears fall from my eyes.

"Little One, it's alright. I'm here, they aren't going to hurt you anymore. I promise. I love you. You're not going any where as long as I am here. " Bryson pulls me into his chest and holds me close, rubbing my back gently and cooing in my ear.

I cry in his arms, in the middle of the clearing with the pack witnessing my weakness, for a long time. He doesn't dare move however and just holds me close, not caring about our audience.

"Can you bring me to our room? I don't want to be here anymore," I say and hide my face into his chest.

Bryson nods silently and turns his attention to the pack that is watching attentively. "Everyone please enjoy the barbecue, my mate and I will be retiring to our room." Bryson carries me through the crowd and up to our room. I don't look at anyone as we pass them, too ashamed of what happened.