|CHAPTER 48|

|Bryson|

We were able to defeat the two dark witches but pack members were lost and so were some witches. Many of us were hurt to. But the pack stands strong as we rest for a little bit. The battle lasted over an hour even after the Liliana broke down the barrier with the other witches. The dark witches are extremely strong and don't even remotely seem effected by a lot of our attacks.

They were finely defeated by Manola and Liliana and the other witches. Even after I had bit the arm off one of them, they just laughed it off and continue to fight.

"Bryson, the witches say they spot rogues and hunters heading in this direction. They think that Archer would have moved all the witches closer to his compound," Logan tells me. I nod and stand, patting a hand on his shoulder.

"Everett is with Ella right now Logan. We will find them. I promise you that. I will get you to your mate," I squeeze his shoulder before walking over to all the dead members of our pack and kneeling before them. I pray to the moon goddess for their peace. "Thank you for your sacrifice."

I see Manola and Liliana praying at the bodies of their own clan members before a witch transports the bodies to their respective homes including our own dead. They step forward with me and look at our fellow allies, who all have a varying degree of injuries.

"Everyone, I know that fight was hard. One of the hardest we have ever had. But we have more ahead of us. Your Luna needs you. Rogues and Hunters are on their way to fight us, but I say let's bring the fight to them!" I yell and shift. Everyone cheers and shifts before running. The witches fly overhead as we race to the fight.

The Lupus Pack doesn't have the reputation of being the strongest pack for no reason. Rogues that have gone to the wild side and Hunters alike have fallen victim to our pack before and these ones will just be another notch in our belts. I can't think about saving any of them right now. I have to kill them to save Everett. The innocents that I kill today might weigh on my conscious for the rest of my life but they will not be nearly as heavy as losing Everett would.

We reach the Rogues and Hunters in no time. The Rogues are all skinny and malnourished. Some look frightened but right now I can't think about saving them. They stand in the way of my family and getting Logan to his mate. The Hunters on the other hand are the opposite looking excited for the fight ahead. Their excitement is in vain however, they will die today. I growl and charge forward, taking out a rogue as I lunge going to the quick kill. I don't have time to play games.

I take out many rogues and hunters as we run through. The pack and the witches works fast at killing the rest. Only a few members succumb to death before the battle is over much faster then the first. I send a quick prayer to the moon goddess but we can't take the time before they are transported back home and we are on the run again.

We encounter a few more Rogues and Hunters but they are more spread out and not in as many numbers. We must be getting through his numbers. We don't encounter any more dark witches though.

Pain spreads through my whole body sharp as lightening originating from the apex of my neck and shoulder. The pain rocks me to the core and forces me to fall. A rogue lunges at me but before it can bite down Logan swoops in a snaps it's neck before tossing it to the side. Everett! She doesn't respond as the pain continues to grow. I can hear her screams echoing through our bond.

Bryson, what's happening?

Archer is doing something to Everett's mark. We need to hurry.