|CHAPTER 46|

|Everett|

Mom is crying as she holds me tightly. We're leaving to face Archer. The sun has just started to peek over the horizon but the entire pack is out in the yard. Some saying goodbye to their mates that are risking their lives for us. Others are here to give support and courage. The mood is sad and everyone is on the verge of tears.

This could be the last time we see the pack and the pack sees us. People could lose their mates. I know some will. I know we will lose some precious pack members. But hopefully with the lives lost of our own pack we will kill Archer and all the men that have tortured all those girls and me.

"I love you Mom," I whisper and hold her tightly.

"I love you Everett," she says and chokes back a sob as she squeezes me harder before letting go.

I hug dad, choking back tears before kneeling down in front of Alice and Justin. They are both crying and holding their hands to their chest. They don't try to hide their tears as they run into my arms. They sob and I rub my hands over their hair.

"You guys are both very strong. I know that you are going to be perfectly fine. Mom and Dad will keep you safe here. You have nothing to worry about." I whisper. They nod before pulling back and giving me a kiss on the cheek. They run to Bryson next, still crying as he picks them both up.

I walk to the Alpha and Luna and they stare at me with tears as well. I hug them and make them a promise I am determined to keep even at the cost of my own life. "I promise to bring Bryson home."

I don't let them say anything else to me as they begin to cry as I walk away. They know I will keep that promise no matter what and nothing they say would stop me.

I turn back to my parents. Mom stands strong next to Dad. "Promise me something Everett."

I choke on tears, thinking she's going to make me promise her something I can't keep. Like making sure I come home alive with everyone. Archer is unpredictable and there is possibility that I will not be one of wolves to come home. But what she says shocks me.

"Promise me to kill that bastard." Her eyes are hard and she smirks as she sees my shocked face. Dad smiles down at her and wraps an arm around her.

I straighten my back and push my shoulders back. Raising my fist, "I promise."

I shift unable to hold my wolf back any longer. If this is the last time my parents will see me and this pack will see me, I want the image of me strong promising to kill Archer to be what burns in their memories for eternity. Adrenaline rushes through my ears and causes my body to buzz. I stand strong despite my small stature. Bryson turns to the pack after saying goodbye to everyone.

"This will be an extremely dangerous mission and not everyone will come home alive. I want to apologize for those that will feel the pain of losing someone after this coming battle. But I also want to thank you for your sacrifice. Without the sacrifice that all of you are making we would not be able to stop Archer and rescue your future Beta Female and the members of our allied packs who have been kidnapped." Bryson signals for everyone to shift before shifting himself. He bows before everyone making everyone sob.

An Alpha bowing to his pack is a sign of absolute respect and thankfulness. Without a pack an Alpha cannot exist

"GO ALPHA BRYSON! GO LUNA EVERETT! THOSE GIRLS NEED YOU!" A pack member yells and others begin cheering.

"WE COULD NEVER HAVE A BETTER ALPHA OR LUNA!"

"MAKE SURE TO COME HOME! WE NEED YOU!"