|CHAPTER 19|

|Everett|

After Ivy and Willow reapply salve with no magic properties to my wounds Bryson brings me back to our room. He lies next to me silently, running his hands through my hair gently and kissing my forehead and cheeks from time to time.

"Bry, am I going to be okay?" I ask running my finger along his cheek. He has a little bit of stubble on his chin that tickles my fingers and cheeks when he kisses me.

"Yes of course you are Everett. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I just got you back, I'm not going to let that monster take you away from me again. I will do everything in my power to keep you safe and by my side." Bryson whispers and holds me close. His shoulders shake slightly as he holds onto me tightly.

I rub my hands up and down his back gently and bathe in his scent. I bury my head into his neck and take a deep breath. His scent of pine and the air after a heavy rain storm calms me and I feel warm inside.

"Bryson, why do you love me?" I ask and he pulls away and looks deeply into my eyes.

"I love you for so many reasons. I love how playful and curious you are. I love that your eyes widen with wonder when you take in new things and how your eyes seem to sparkle with all the joy in the world. I love that you are extremely caring and ensure the safety of others before yourself, even though you should focus on getting better yourself. I love that you can see the good in life and never try to focus on the bad. I love that you returned to me and have given me a chance despite everything that has happened. I love you for being able to calm me and my wolf. I love you entirely."

I'm crying by the time Bryson finishes his explanation and I wrap my arms around him tightly. I can't stop sobbing as he cries with me and holds me tightly. I feel his hot tears roll down my neck and combine with my own.

"I'm dirty. You deserve a mate that hasn't been dirtied by another man." I sob but continue to hold onto him tightly not wanting to let him go and have him slip from my grasp.

"You are not dirty. What you went through was not in your control and the only one to blame is that monster. I will never think of you as dirty or used. You are my mate and I will love you entirely no matter what he did to you while you were stuck in that place." Bryson says and holds onto me tighter. "I'll never let you go again."

"I never want to let go of you. I want to stay in this cocoon of warmth that you provide. I don't want to let you go despite the danger that I put you and the pack in for staying here by your side. I don't want to go back to that dark place. I don't think I could survive it." I say and look into Bryson's eyes sadly before looking away. "I know it is selfish of me but I want to stay here with you and Logan and Mom and Dad and Jamie and Alexander. I want to stay with you because I love you too much to let go of you."

"What did you just say?" Bryson says shocked and looks at me, his tears making his eyes slightly red and shiny.

"I love you." I whisper and look into his eyes intently.

Bryson hugs me close and sobs into my neck. "I love you so much Everett. I've waiting so long to hear you say that you love me for you to hear me say it back to you proudly. I'm so happy right now."

"I love you Bryson." I whisper and smile as I press my forehead against his, my eyes closed.

"I love you too, Everett." He whispers.

We sit in silence for a while, just bathing in each others warmth. I press my hands to his cheeks and smile as he laughs lightly. I rub our noses gently and giggle myself.