|CHAPTER 49|

|Everett|

"Pl.... please ... please ki.. kill .. kill m.. me." The creature forces out the first intelligent words. It's voice sounds like an echo of what I imagine the four girls to have sounded like. The pain they feel echoes the words as they strain with every ounce of their being to gather the words to tell me their final wish.

Their wish for me to end their suffering. "Okay, I'll do it. I will end your suffering."

I shift before I can convince myself otherwise that I can save these girls. I know that there is likely no way to restore their bodies. They were likely destroyed by the dark witches to ensure that we could do no such thing. These girls want me to end their suffering and I know their families might hate me for this but I will give them what they want.

I lunge and tear them apart. The creature screams in pain but I can't bring myself to stop. I know it hurts now but soon they will be reunited with the moon goddess and their pain will be over. I don't stop when I feel the hot blood of the creature splatter all over of me and I don't stop until the screams of the girls stop. I don't need a mirror to know that I am covered in blood. I can feel it burning into my skin.

I force myself to shift back and I bang my hands against the concrete. Sobs bubble from my gut and I feel like throwing up. One of our goals was to save these girls and return them home. I wanted to save them.

I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!

I continue to sob and don't stop even as I feel the tingles of Bryson as he holds onto me. I sob into his shoulders as he whispers into my ear. "It's okay Little One. It's okay. I'm here now. I know what happened. You had to do it."

I nod because I know that I had to do it. They wanted me to end their suffering and I wasn't going to make them suffer any longer.

"We need to get out of here before Archer and the dark witches corner us."

I let go of Bryson and see the blood of the girls is smeared all over him. I suck in a breath before shifting. I need to focus. I can cry later. Right now we need to get out of here and we need to defeat Archer and the dark witches. After everything is finished. I can mourn for those that we have lost.

"Incindiero." I turn to see the girls body catch on fire as Ella stands in front of them. There must be a reason she is doing this but right now I don't have the time to question her. She hops on Logan's back and we rush outside. I can feel the heat of the fire trailing us and I know Ella is likely causing it.

We make it outside and we stay in wolf form other then Logan who stands next to Ella trying to keep his modesty as Liliana and Ella reunite. A feel a wolf run to me and tackle me and I recognize Jamie. I yip and tug on her ear softly. She lets me up and rubs her head over me.

I was so worried, I hear her voice echo in my head.

I'm sorry for making you worry. But I made it out alright. I reassure her.

I turn to Bryson and lick his cheek which he returns. The wolves all around us and the witches look sad as they realize that we came out of the compound without the missing girls. I am sure they know that we were unable to save them. Where is Artie?

He ran off a few moments ago. He didn't look good. We decided not to follow him in case he attacks. I'm guessing that since you came out without the girls that his mate did not survive, Alexander replies as he stands next to Jamie. I nod sadly.

I hear a gasp and a shout and turn quickly to see Liliana falling to the ground multiple swords that has pierces her abdomen flying back into the hand of a dark witch who stands next to Archer. I run to Liliana and stand in front of her, growling.