Chapter Twenty-three - Enough said

"You will have to eat Martha." Duli exclaimed waving the dead animal in my face. I pushed it away and stared out at the water. I was seated on the patio of a newly bought condo which was located on a private beach. Duli went back into the house giving up his 200th attempt. My eyes were red from sobbing all day and night. This was the 35th week of his death, I haven't slept, ate, or stopped crying ever since that cruel day.

Duli came back out on the patio and touched my shoulder.

"I barely knew him,but yet I still loved him" I began still staring out at the water. "Now I will never know how he felt about me." I hugged my legs on the long chair.

"I'm sure he loved you." Duli said pulling a chair beside mine. "I loved him too, he was my twin, that's a connection you never want to loose." I looked at him as he started to get a little tear eyed.

"I have no one now."  I said looking down.

"You have me."

I looked at him. He was hovering over me now. He looked just like him but with different hair.

"I want you." He said kneeling beside me.

I didn't say anything.

"I want you." He said again. He kissed me, I was shocked. He didn't pull back, he kept going. I pushed him off of me as I got up.

"I love Cali and that will never change." I stated raising my voice. "And that is all I ever wanted, to be with Cali"

Duli glared at me with such anger.

"But he is dead, you are never getting him back, he is a goner. You saw him die, I thought you would have noticed by now that is isn't coming back to you!" He left the patio and went back inside of the condo, slamming the door behind him. I just stood there, I clasped my heart as it broke even more. I fell on my knees, I began to sob again, but much harder than before.

When is my heart going to heal from the pain?