Chapter Twenty-four -Disagreements

Duli came out on the patio with more caught meat. It was night now.

"You must eat."

I just glared at him and shook my head.

"You can't starve forever Martha."

"And you can't make me do anything Duli." I added.

"Come inside. You will catch a cold." He touched my arm. I shrugged him off.

"The only thing that is cold is you."

As if angered he grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"I am sick and tired of this bullshit Martha. Do you think I miss him to? I finally, finally got my brother back after all those years spent away from him, had crushed me. Like a twig. I finally reunited with him, and at the exact same had to part away from him. They tore him away from me, not physically, not mentally, but emotionally. Now if you think that a second goes by without me thinking of him, then you are wrong. I loved him as greatly as you loved him." He let me go as a tear fell down his face. I felt horrible, I pulled him into me, I hugged him tightly.

"You are right Duli, you are so right."

He departed from me.

"Come inside please." I gave in and nodded my head. He walked inside and turned towards me, I walked up to the rim of the door. I looked back at the water, that's the only thing I knew for the past couple of days. I grabbed his hand, I took a deep breath as I stepped into the condo and looked up at him.

"We only have eachother now." Duli whispered. For the first time in a long time I smiled.