Chapter Thirty-Six- Blown

I changed into my wolf and sprinted off. I howled a deep howl of pain and anger, there was nothing but road, full of fast cars and bikes. Afraid of getting caught I ran towards some woods. Before I reached there, I saw my mother and the preacher running towards me.

"Honey come here."

I shook my head no and bolted. I heard the preacher say get her, I only ran faster. I reached the woods, thats where I heard noises.

Cali.

I rushed towards the noises, once I reached it I saw Cali hurt on the ground, his neck was bitten. He was bleeding badly. I heard a low growl behind me, I turned around to see Kyle crouching low, snarling at me. I snarled back, ready to attack. 

 Kyle you dont have to do this. I said to him sending him the thought.

He didnt respond he just sprung at me and got me tumbling on the ground. I growled and attacked him, I bit down on his leg and listened to him whimper in pain. He snapped at me but missed as I got him from the back and stared down at him. Without another second I bit down on his neck cracking it. He changed back into his human form, I peered down at him as he lay limp on the ground. I went back towards Cali who still lay on the ground in his wolf form. 

Cali, what can I do to help? I asked him. Before he could reply a gun shot was heard behind me, I turned around to find the preacher holding a gun towards us. Before I could attack, a net was put over me, I struggled to get loose, I helplessly gazed at the preacher as he pointed his gun towards Cali. He shot him 15 times in the stomach and 12 times in the head. After that he came towards me and shot me also. I whimpered in pain. The smartest thing to do is act dead so thats what I did, I dropped down and stopped struggling. I held my breath so my pulse wouldnt be felt, I closed my eyes and put my tougue out. I heard their footsteps go away from where I was. Once they were gone I bit through the net and went towards Cali who was in his human form. He looked injured, really injured. His breaths were slow and tense. 

I changed back to my vamp form and looked at him.

"Cali what can I do to help you?" I asked again, tears weilding in my eyes. He looked at me and shook his head no.

"Finish me off." He replied weakly. I shook my head no. "Do it Martha theres no way in hell I will get over these wounds, they are too great.Theres only one way to help the pain."

"No dont talk like that Cali, you will mak-" He placed his hand over my mouth and shook his head. "Just finish me off Martha, please.If you do it, you will help me get rid of this pain." I continued to shake my head no. 

"Damnit Martha, do it please, please." Tears formed into his eyes as he started to breathe slower."Please Martha." 

"Cali, there is something you have to know." I started as I stared down at him. "What is it?"

"I am pregnant."