Mom

"Babe are you ready to come out to the school?" Ethan said. There we were, standing at the entrance of our highschool. Hand in hand. I looked into his blue green eyes. They were the most precious thing I had ever seen. "I am." I said after a hesitation. We walked into the school. Nobody seemed to care that we were holding hands. Until the bitchiest bitch walked up to us and said "Are you serious? Fucking queers." My stomach dropped. I didn't know how to respond to homophobia. I looked at her and responded with "I uh. Um. Yea?"

"Nobody wants to see your queer as-" she was cut off with May's fist connecting with Tamera's, the bitch, face. Tamera fell to the ground in tears. May got on top of her "Look bitch. We don't need your shit. Stop being so damn homophobic" then hit Tamera in the nose which resulted in a crack sound. Tamera screamed in pain. I had never seen so much blood come from one nose. "Hey hey hey! Break it up May" one of the assistant principals said pulling May off Tamera. Ethan, May, Tamera, and I spent the next 30 minutes explaining what happened and why. After that, May and Tamera got suspended for three days. "This was so worth finally hitting that hoe in the face" May chuckled at us as she was leaving to her boyfriend.  We went to lunch and explained everything to Maddie. "She actually did that?"

"Yea. I'm just glad she stood up for us. I would have hit that bitch too" Ethan said.

"Babe that's not a good thing to say" I chuckled. Dustin walked up with his tray. "So you guys are out now?"

"Yea" I told him.

"Well I came out too. Nobody cares"

"Right! I was expecting like all this hatred but none."

"Well guys I'm going to go sit with my boyfriend. Bye!"

"What boyfriend?"

"His name is Justin."

"What the shit? How can I make a ship now out of that?"

"Bye Aws" he said as he walked away. D looked at me and said "Hey Awsten can I talk to you in private?"

"Yea of course". We walk to the football field and he says "So since you came out I was wondering if maybe you wanted to like, be together?"

"But I'm with Ethan, remember?"

"You can't break up with him for me?"

"No, he's been my best friend since 5th grade. I really like him. And no offense D, I see you as just a close friend. I'm sorry"

"Oh it's fine." We walk back to the table and there is a different girl sitting at the table. She had orange red hair and wore glasses. Orange freckles covered her pale skin. "This is bard" Maddie said.

"Hi guys!"

"Hi! Welcome to our friend group" I laughed.

"Well I'm sure I'm intruding, I better be going"

"No you're not. Feel free to sit here whenever"

"Oh thanks bye guys". We all say goodbye to her. After school ended Maddie drove me home as always. I gave a kiss to Ethan and walked into my hell hole of a house. My mom was standing at the window looking through the blinds. I was froze hoping she didn't witness the kiss. She turned and looked at me. For some reason she didn't look drunk or high. Maybe she was getting sober. "Hi dear"

"Hello mother"

"Come sit on the couch. I need to say something."

"O-kay?" I sat.

"I realized I haven't been the best at mothering and I need to change. No more alcohol or drugs"

"Really? That's great!"

"And I need to be more accepting of who you choose to be with. You can be with anyone you want."

"Thanks Mom. That was already happening" I laughed.

"Oh I know. Why do you think I was looking through the window"

"You....you what?"

"I saw you and Ethan kiss. And I'm not blind. I see how you two act. I accept you guys. So tell me, are you bi or gay or what?"

"I'm bi."

"Oh okay sweetie. As long as you're happy. I'm going to try and quit everything. I hope it goes well. I'm off to my room, bye"

"Bye I say." I really hope she does quit. I can't believe she was accepting me and Ethan. It made me think of her as more of a mother.